Plane of War agro weirdness

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mattnaik, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

Hello,
    After seeing someone link the Stone of Justice aug, having never seen it before, I decided my SK must have it! I spent a little time flagging my group for Field of Strife and things went downhill pretty quickly. this being my first time in the zone I wasn't sure if there was somethings I was just not aware of.

First issue I noticed was some weirdness with agro on my ranger. I pulled with my SK, hit the mob twice with Terror spells, once with Impose for Power, and 3 of my AoE AA taunts. I then engaged the mob with my ranger and literally immediately after hitting auto-attack my ranger stole agro. Like jumped to the top of the list immediately and I was unable to pull it back without turning off auto-attack on the ranger. It was the weirdest thing I've seen and that has never happened before.

The next thing I noticed was after we finally got the flag and entered Field of Strife, I pulled 2 dark blue mobs (A Tamrelian legionnaire and A Gindan champion) and again attempted to build up hate. Without thinking I had to worry too much about dying I switched screens to engage my ranger and at some point, both mobs agroed my healer merc and both my healer and SK were dead before I could even switch back.

Is there some non-traditional way to control the agro in this zone that I am not aware of? Is this another example of a zone that requires PC's and not mercs?
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  2. GoldenFrog Augur

Agro is very unique in PoWar. Pets steal agro (without taunt) to their owner, fade does not clear hate, and several more oddities in the mechanics.

It can be frustrating, but can also be enjoyed as a different and challenging experience.
  3. Rakknar Elder

It's called "boisterousness". Many mobs debuff toons with this. Essentially dps will skyrocket to the top of hate list. If you were a warrior I could tell you how I counter it. Some mobs have agro lock (pigs). The best way to handle any of this is get tough and do extreme dps. Or. Just fight dogs to spawn judicator. They don't use boisteressnes.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Yeah, aggro and abilities are all messed up in war.

For example, SK's cannot HA a mob. But the mobs can HA you...
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  5. Nniki Augur

[42121] Boisterousness
    Endurance: 2000
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 600', AE Range: 60'
    Resist: Physical -900, Max Resist Chance: 25%
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Spell and Bash Hate by 100%
    3: Increase Hate Generated by 30%
    4: Inhibit Effect: Hate Mod
    5: Inhibit Effect: Hate Mod Spells
    Text: Your voice becomes more annoying.
    Increases the amount of hatred your actions will generate.

Here is another effect to watch for in Plane of War:

[42123] Quick Defense
    Endurance: 5000
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 80%
    2: Absorb Melee Damage: 90%
    Text: Your armor shimmers with radiance.
  6. Kravn Augur

Plane of War is an awesome zone, a lot of very unique challenges there. Flagging for GM is painful though =/
  7. Grummy_NB Augur

Pow follows many PoP stuff.. and many many many agro things since PoP just don't work. be careful!
  8. Dropfast Augur

Yea Plane of War was meant to be nightmare. You should have seen it when it first came out >< But yea every mob in the zone except for Wrogs buff you with [42121] Boisterousness and cast [42123] Quick Defense on themselves. You can strip Quick Defense though. If you just want Judicator for the aug he's easy to get although you need to be ready for him when it comes close to kill count to get him to spawn.

It's a fun zone, pretty much every terrible effect in game is in their. From 8 sec stun, spin stunes, Gravity fling, FD, Mez, Charm, Huge DD's, Dots,100% Ripo buffs, massive powerups, Severe de-buffs like slow, snare, root, ect., ect., some mob in the zone does it. That zone is not for the light hearted. But you can avoid a lot of that headache by just killing wrogs until Judi pops.