Pal vs sk

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Damezza, Dec 3, 2018.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Somebody please correct me, but I believe the actual benefit of an AC buff is always going to be dependent on many different factors, such as the toon's AC, the mob's damage, the mob's level, the mob's strikethrough, etc. So sometimes the benefit of the SK's AC buff might be completely mitigated to 0, while the Pally's buff will always do something.

After looking at them, I had not noticed that the Pally's version does more initial hate and double the hate over time. If anything, I think I would prefer the Pally's version: it seems like more overall defense and hate, maybe enough to include it in a spam button (whereas the SK version only needs to be cast when it is down).
  2. took2summit11 Augur

Come to think of it, I think the SK version is self-only, while the pal recourse lands on the TOT..this could be considered another benefit since I could keep it on an SK or war in grip and play dps/heal role. I guess they are balanced, I wasn’t sure how much benefit 800AC gave. But that being said, I have to work pretty hard to keep the refute recourse up on myself when tanking. Normally cast it 2-4 times per trash mob.
  3. Seldom Augur

It makes more sense for Shadowknights to have AC attached to theirs for multiple reasons. Refute spell line is the only SpA 451 defensive Paladins possess. Shadowknights have Reaver’s Bargain, which is one of their most powerful abilities and on SpA 451. Also, the Paladin line just very recently received the aggro boost at start of RoS, as well as being changed into a SpA 451 (was a worthless Vie). Prior to that change, Shadowknight spell had the edge on ours for endless years. Paladins definitely have the good end of the stick currently regarding this spell line
  4. p2aa Augur

The paladin recourse is single target, aka only benefiting to the paladin casting it.
  5. took2summit11 Augur

Fair enough, I’m not sure why I thought it was. I think I was thinking of the protective one that puts a dmg reduction on myself but heals my TOT.
  6. p2aa Augur

Yeah, protective is working on your target's target.
  7. Thadious New Member

Just sayin unless your pulling insane amount of mobs there is no reason a Paladin can not play both self healer and group healer in a grouping situation. Unless you are boxing!
  8. Thadious New Member

So on this topic this is what I will say! Every box combo depends on what you expect out of each toon, how many toons you are boxing etc. In the case of sk vs paladin a Paladin is going to do much better with less toons that you have to work through unless your using some kind of bot program! /HACKS!!
    Sk is obviously going to be easier to hold and lock agro and allow you to go harder on dps with other classes for longer periods of times before having to switch back to your sk. It's an EQ fact of life Sk's have better agro live with it lol. When boxing with a Paladin you have to be smarter about your combos of toons as well as what mobs you fight to optimize your dps and ability to sustain long fight periods. If you are wanting to play a bst or zerker or something that can output an insane amount of dps in short periods of time guess what it wont work you need to plan to be on the paladin the majority of the time to hold agro and through heals. I find it easiest to box caster types with my paladin due to the fact that I can make macros for their spells so I just switch to them click a button back to paladin so on and so on the cast times give you sufficient amount of time to switch back to the paladin and do what needs to be done. I box paladin and bard together use two wizzy mercs most of the time for my boost in dps I always try to find undead mobs to fight if they are in current content its only makes sense. If you want to run dps classes that need high focus of attention to put out the dps you want then the paladin is not the class to play with them.