Overseer Critical Failure? whats the point.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Why not just say failure i hate it when my agents go away and i expect a failure but when the game says crit failure kinda like a slap to the face. Especially when its not my fault that agents just disappear or other times when you get cirt success and you lose five agents never made any sense to me either. Still waiting for the mass convert button. Course thats bout as likely as them actually coming out with there UI upgrade there doing .
  2. Bilderov Augur

Mass convert would be good. Or just a simple delete/release button at this stage.

The only EQ thing I do now is play Overseer for 20 mins a day and the only reason it takes that long is the constant 'freezing' between each click of the buttons on the OV panel.

I will not spend 2 hours per account simply converting hundreds of lower level agents due to someone else's poor design / oversight.
    drak12 likes this.
  3. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Critical failure causes the agent you used in the overseer to have a longer wait time before they can be used again.

Honestly they should just get rid of the ability to have a duplicate agent. If you have duplicate agents and 1 of them gets hurt or is in a mission you can't use the duplicate agent so they are pretty much pointless. I would rather them just not give duplicates and just reward agents instead of a convert which is annoying and waste of time.
  4. fransisco Augur

Can these happen? I've had one failure ever and never a critical, kinda figured the entire thing was bugged.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I've seen it a couple times. No idea what it actually does though.
  6. Gialana Augur

I think a critical failure is a failure that automatically incapacitates all of the assigned agents rather than rolling on an incapacitation for each assigned agent. I could be wrong, though.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

I've seen mentioned it doubles the incapacitation time, but the incapaciation % should be the same.
    Szilent likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Totally agree with you 100% I feel the exact same way.
    drak12 likes this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I only get failures when my agents go missing other than that very very rare to fail a mission. Prob has something to do with having alot of agents im guessing for missing agents.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had a failure on one of my accounts this morning for the first time in months.

I blame all of you for jinxing me by bringing up the subject of Overseer failures.
    fransisco, Sissruukk and Nennius like this.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Overseer? Is that still a thing?

I stopped playing Overseer when I caught up on all my past collectibles and got all of the achieves for the Feydwer agents/quests. I might remember to do Overseer for special events...might.

Of course, I only have one toon I play, so no army of alts or personas to level up.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

13. fransisco Augur

good way to get collectibles and mercenary exp for an alt. I don't use it for real exp as its fun to play up through progression instead of just blowing past it.
  14. Iven the Lunatic

You have to deal with the lag then. In just a few weeks it would be more efficient if you would convert your agents now. Darkpaw don't has any plans (a ticket) to add mass conversion. I had the same problem until about a year ago, and had to bite into the sour apple of "mass" conversion which took me about eight hours or even more. It can be boxed for faster conversions. You see mass conversion is already there in a different way, so why should it get added ?! ;)
  15. Shea Lorekeeper

This only applies to iconic agents (elites, rares, and named uncommon). Common and non-iconic Uncommon agents can be used for multiple missions, even if you have one that's been incapacitated.
  16. Hegsheoshed Augur

I just had a critical failure on an account for Recruit Avatar of Karana. The percentage for success is so high and you get a critical failure. The best is the failure from a mission that had a 100% success rate I once had. Special event recruitments shouldn't fail. I'm eager to get it over with and do the high yield missions for exp or trade materials.

Conversions should at least auto finish since it doesn't auto tab to the active missions tab.
  17. Shea Lorekeeper

I've seen it posted elsewhere on similar threads... it is suggested to always log out to character select at some point prior to checking quest status when going to claim them. It seems that by doing this it resets something that really cuts down on failures. I almost never see failures but when I do it is generally when I've started quests and have not logged out at all before going in to claim them. It could be this is just chance but it does seem to make a difference.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is news to me! Does this work when completing tasks early using DBC?
  19. Bernel Augur

If you look at your actual completion success, you'll see that the success rate is more like 98%+ regardless of what the % shown in the quest itself. If you do the quick complete, it seems like the success rate is based on the quest's stated success rate. So if the quest says it has a 85% chance of success, you'll fail about 15% of the time (about 1 in 7) if you do the quick complete. If you let the quest complete normally, then it will almost always succeed. The "bug" is that the quests almost always complete with 98%+ success if they run to completion (Shhh! Don't tell the devs!! ;) )
  20. Iven the Lunatic

The success rate got changed many times. Some time ago a shown sucess rate of about 80% was like a 100% succes rate, if no agent got kicked out. At some point each shown percent point below the soft cap, increased the quest failure rate by about 10%. On the other side, going over the soft cap does increase the critical success chance by about 10% per shown percent point. It would be interesting to see the real success chance values, as the current ones are misleading and highly inaccurate.