Ok, I did some reading ... and I see mention of "grandfathered" accounts.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Enigma Maitreya, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Enigma Maitreya Augur

I am trying to get a handle on All Access, Heroic Characters etc.

I came across that "grandfathered" accounts are (my words) not Free To Play cap restricted. I have yet to find out exactly what those caps are other than Tier 1 spells. Well that is kind of scary because if I do get my 12+ characters found and restored to Luclin then they all have max tier spells for their level.

Basically I am wanting to know what my account status is (Silver is what it says) but I had a lot of things bought and paid for with SC and Loyalty Points(?) When I read that I seemed to remember them.

So anyone have any idea what does "grandfathered" mean?
  2. Gialana Augur

Grandfathered means your account is old enough that if you don't pay the subscription to be All Access, you'll have a silver account instead of a free account. Silver accounts are no longer an option to be purchased in the marketplace.

Unless you go All Access, you will only be able to scribe rk. I spells. You'll still be able to memorize any rk. II or rk. III spells that are already scribed in your spellbook, but they will cast as the rk. I versions.

Silver accounts are limited to 1000 AAs. You won't be able to earn more than that without All Access unless you purchase the AA unlockers in the marketplace, which are very expensive. However, if you go above that cap with an All Access account and later drop back down to silver, you'll still be able to use all of the AAs you've purchased.

There are other restrictions to silver accounts, though some aren't as bad as free account limits. When SOE owned EQ, they had a nice chart that listed all of the restrictions for the different levels, but that chart doesn't seem to be around anymore. Fanra reproduced a good representation of that table in a wiki. I found it as the first link when searching "everquest ftp restrictions fanra."
  3. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Thanks for that, I am going to do the google now.

Ha, I learned about Parcel Delivery as well. I now have a good idea of what to expect.

A question, I noticed it said that my support is knowledge base only at silver. IF there are several, obvious things wrong with my account does that get a Human involved?

I may have found a missing Magician on Tunare(sp) why he is there is a total mystery as I have no reason to have any character there. Like the rest seems to be totally intact, wrong level like all the rest.
  4. Gialana Augur

You can submit petitions even if you aren't All Access. From what I've read on these forums from other posters, petitions from All Access accounts have priority over free and silver accounts, meaning it will probably take longer for your petitions to be answered, possibly 1 week+
  5. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Thanks like I said I need to change the emails and payment method (h before to long.

Also I am beginning to question if all this drama is worth it or maybe I should just accept things as is and raise up the missing class's and move on. I would prefer not to, but I also would prefer to start doing something. Temporarily I am learning all the new things on a baby Shaman the one account had that may if things cant get sorted out, become the Shaman for that account.

I did get a reply and I have given them some information. BUT if it comes down to me needing to supply names for each character ... that is going to be tough. As I said, most were just Buffers and not played ... well not really.
  6. Weverley Augur

You also have access to general chat with silver f2p can only get new players channel i believe.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have all 3 types of accounts. My original account which is pay, an old one that is active and is grandfathered silver (like yours) and a couple free ones created in the last year or so. Here is my view: my pay account gets 120 loyalty points/week, 60/grandfathered account, 30/free accounts. Pay account can buy bags of plat from loyalty if needed, others cannot. Limits on total loyalty are different also. Pay/5760, grandfathered/2800?, free/1440?. If you get close to those numbers you must spend something or loose the next award, no partial awards. Pay account get 500 daybreak cash each month. The others, nothing. All can buy from the bazaar or sell to a barter from any zone but only my pay account can BE a seller or a barterer. Pay can be in general chat, free can only be in new player but my grandfathered can be in both (how cool!). All accounts can send and receive parcels but only pay can do mail but the others get eviction mail if escrow expires on their houses. All can buy houses and plots but only pay account can buy guild neighborhood and set up guild stuff. Grandfathered and free cannot wear prestige or do rank ll but that does not seem to make a difference now days. There is so much good stuff around. Grandfathered is limited to 1000 AA, free get 250 (I messed that up so now my pally does not have a unicorn!) Merc? pay get j5, other accounts do not but they get a lower merc.

Some folk play free to high levels, like 85 or so then start paying as that way they can auto grant AA and get all up to that level. No auto grant in free. If you pay but then go back to free to do this you will keep your AA but still loose rank ll and prestige.

I like all my account but will probably start paying on a couple of the free ones in the future if money allows it. Its hard to say if you want to proceed with your old account, there is so much to learn nowadays. I don't know that you need customer support that much. I used them a few times on pay account but it was just small things. You have to wonder is it that important to you?

At the top of this eq screen click home, then game info then faq. some stuff in there is what we talk about here only ours makes sense. I hope!
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh and what you mentioned on your other post about char not showing up: When I logged onto the old account that is grandfathered silver all my char slots were full from when I used to pay. (Back in early 2000) but I got a message that I was limited to x amount of slots, I don't remember but maybe 4? But all char showed up on my screen. It said I had to delete some. So I tabbed out and found out I could buy char slots with loyalty points of which I had a ton so that is what I did to keep those char. I deleted a couple lower level ones, then purchased 2 slots for the ones I wanted to keep and now have 6 slots on the grandfathered account. I never went pay on that account since logging back in last year so I have no idea if what was mentioned on the other post is true: that char were alphabetical and would show up if you went pay. Sounds fishy. Mine were all there, but maybe they took that message that I got away and now it is set to only show 4.
  9. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Again thanks to all that contributed information.

The reply was: "I have confirmed the characters are on Sarym".

*Shrug* Its done and I am just going to deal with the Business Model in use now.
  10. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

meh, just /testcopy and call it a day. Test server is 100% free, zero restrictions and the economy isn't screwed.
  11. Aghinem Augur

1. You have to have something to /testcopy from first.
    2. The Test Server is not meant to be a playground for freeloaders, it is meant to test the game. People who use it to freeload will be the cause of it being shut down.