Nimbus Preview Broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Knifen, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Knifen Augur

I am unable to preview what a Nimbus visual effect would look like now. I used to be able to hold alt and right click on the nimbus and see what its looks like, now I can only see it if I am actually using it.

Can anyone else test their preview of nimbus's and see if they preview for you ok? Perhaps I messed with a display setting that is preventing it.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Need to name which items arent working (exact item name), which server, which zone? Are you using custom UI?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, Knifen I tested for you on 2 of my nimbus and using your hold alt and right click process on them they both showed ok in the preview. I was doing the preview on them while they were in the bank and also after moving them to inventory.

One was Nimbus of the Two and got the birds circling my head. The other was Path of Fire Nimbus and got the fire around my feet in preview.
  4. Knifen Augur

For me every single one, even all the ones in the bazaar on povar. No custom UI
  5. Knifen Augur

Thanks its gotta be some setting I changed on my toons the fire one I have as well and doesn't work for me.
  6. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Blocked by Illusion benefit greater Jann?
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

PoK has texture issues until its patched this week, you may want to try previewing while in a different zone.
  8. Knifen Augur

Its not the buff being blocked that lands just fine and shows up just fine, its the previewing of the item from inventory or bazaar. Kinda like if you wanted to see what an ornament would look like without putting it on.
  9. Knifen Augur

Happens in any zone and the preview window I dont think is based off zones textures but either way this happens in every zone for me.
  10. Knifen Augur

Fixed it, with my Particles set to Farthest under clip plane I had to zoom farther out in my preview window to see it now. Put particles to Near make them all appear just fine without having to zoom out preview window.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

You are previewing the nimbus item not the prize item right?

You have to turn up (turn on) spell particle density and opacity or there won't be enough contrast to see against the black background. Ones that are too light are going to be tough to see. If you zoom in enough, the nimbus effect stops rendering too.

Density: Medium, Opacity: 30%

Barely see around the hands: Nimbus of the Gambler, Numbus of the Lover

Visible enough around the head: Crown of Fire Nimbus

Visible enough around the torso: Nimbus of the Burning Prince

Barely see around the torso: Nimbus of Growth

Visible around the feet: Path of Ice Nimbus
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

Clip plane is how far out particles will render. If you use near then you will only see spells up close, if you use far you will see spells farther out. I did not see any change in preview window with clip plane.
  13. Knifen Augur

yes I fixed my issue it was with near clip setting under particles. I put it to near and the preview shows up without having to scroll the preview all the way out.