New to EQ, finished the tutorial, now what?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by LittleMagpie, Jan 4, 2024.

1. LittleMagpie New Member

Hello, I got this game last night. I finished the tutorial today and got pushed out into the real world. Someone showed me to Plane of Knowledge where I could try to find new skill books and restock on the healing potions. I used up all of the potions the tutorial gave me while fighting the final boss.

Anyway, what should I do now? I'm pretty much lost, not sure where I should go or what I should be trying to accomplish. I'm a level 11 frog warrior on the Cazic-Thule - Fennin Ro server.
  2. Inictus Elder

I'd do the Hero's Journey if I were you. Its a guided experience from level 1 to about 75. You get some decent newbie gear along the way as well.

You should go to Crecent Reach to start it. The fastest way to get there and to start it is to use your Origin ability. To get this, hit V and this will bring up the AA window. In the general tab, find Origin and select it. There will be a button nearby called "Hotkey". Press this and it will create a hotkey. Drop this on your toolbar somewhere. Whenever you press this, you'll teleport to Crescent Reach.

Once there (if you hit Origin), you'll be standing next to a woman who can get you started on the Hero's Journey.

Good luck and have fun!
    Allayna and Yinla like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Origin will only take you to Crescent Reach if you did not set your "start city" when you created your character. If you have a paid account then you could have chosen your "start city" which may not be Crescent Reach and so Origin may take you to that city instead.

The more useful port is going to be your "Throne of Heros" this is under you "AA". Look on your character screen towards the bottom and you will see alternate advancement. Click that and on the top tabs look for "special" Click that and scroll down to Throne of Heros. Make a hot button for that. This will take you to the lobby in pok when you click it. POK is the main city of EQ.

Either way, Crescent Reach is the easiest zone to start your questing.

You can see the Hero's journey option if you click achievements which is near the button "alternate advancement" mentioned above. But here is a link to the different quests

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5553
  4. Grove Augur

If you do not already have them, you will need a complete map set. These forums have links for maps.
    When maps are installed, there is an option to sort and see where mobs are that are your level.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Yinla likes this.
  6. Annastasya Augur

It's a fairly open world game. You can make your own goals. Back in the early days, we would venture out from our home cities, meeting npcs and other players, getting into groups and going on adventures. Fighting monsters and undead, wild animals, and factions of criminals or evil empires was a go-to way to gain experience and loot, be that better equipment, spells, tradeskill items or cash/things to sell for cash.

There are many ways to play and enjoy Everquest. Explore and find out what works for you. Some of the options are Grouping, Soloing,Boxing, Doing Quests, Tradeskilling, Achievements, Raiding, Buying and Selling in the Bazaar..and many more. Or all of the above. Some of the goals in game may take years in order to develop the skills, levels and abilities on your characters to complete. Have fun out there!
    Rijacki and Shanarias like this.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Done with the tutorial?
    Pretty with maps since Xenadia told you all about it right?

Time to goto blackburrow.
    Don't worry you know all about maps, so have fun and explore. You won't get lost.
    I'm sure they told you about Throne of Heroes and Origin too.

Might need to add an NPC Goods he might know more.
    NPC GINA might know something too
    Tell you some GINA triggers to keep mobs stunned and not break a mob stun.

"Mob is stunned" "mob has recovered stun em now"

Remember EQ's motto is explore the unexplored, so don't worry if you lose your bearings, you are dead lost and feel like your going in circles. Its part of EQ, exploring the unexplored.

Blackburrow is EQ's welcome to the game.

Honestly they need to make new expansion zones, blackburrow like, if you know what I'm talking about. It's the whole zone, not just tiny corner that is blackburrow like.