New Server Needed (Hear me out)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by velious916, May 24, 2015.

1. velious916 Journeyman

This is a list of benefits, if a new server was introduced. (Blame the queue on this post, gives me time to write it) EH HEMM
    1. All the Hardcore gamers are hardcore gaming the crap outta Ragefire at the moment, that leaves the casuals in the dust, or boned. As the hardcore's are most likely guilded up, and they WILL kill steal. If a new server is introduced, i believe the hardcore's would manly stick to ragefire, with a few casuals staying as well. And the heard of casuals, would stampede to the new server, bringing some hardcore with as well.
    2. The casuals would in time turn into hardcore's, which will be a hybrid hardcore with sympathy for the casual.
    3. DGB's will rake in more money, due to people returning to a more of a equal term play. They can then afford new equipment and developer's, because the ragefire launch was a FIASCO.
    4. People will stop crying on the forums, and it will be put to use. (Myself included?)
    5. And last but not least... oh well, looks like my account got in. So now im going to play. See ya.
  2. Fethos Lorekeeper

Only reason i would ever even like a new server, is if they didn't allow boxxers, and if they had a TRUE vote progression system. None of this die hard guild gets 400 members to all vote yes and therefore it progresses bull.
  3. Argu Lorekeeper

They would just reroll on the new server and within 3 days have the raid mobs on that one farmed.

Personally if they opened a new server and banned boxing (or limited it to 2 per person) Id jump to it in a heartbeat. I am really getting sick of all the boxers holding up all the good camps and mage pet spamming anything that attack.
    Tronk and Rhiyannon like this.
  4. velious916 Journeyman

I feel if they did that, all boxers would be on one server, and all singles would be in the other. bye ragefire
  5. Vasil Journeyman

we need another server
  6. Daragoth Lorekeeper

I really don't care one way or the other about all the boxers, that's just part of EQ now. What I do care about is being able to play the game, which right now I can't. Opening a second server (which tons of players mentioned would be needed well before the server launch) would at least give me twice as many chance to at least log on. This is beyond stupid.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Adam of Ragefire Lorekeeper

Title of thread is very offensive to hearing impaired individuals.
    Silv, Sheaffer and liveitup1216 like this.
  8. Daragoth Lorekeeper

Well he did type his response so that deaf people could read it. I'm guessing DBG is also blind, anyone have a brail option for posting so maybe we can get this fixed?
  9. Dreftan Elder

Another server would be pointless , it's obvious there is no demand for a tlp server at this time.

Another server would inevitably result in the destruction of all life as we know it.

Not being able to login to the tlp server you subscribed for is unimportant and somehow your own fault.

It's better this way, it really is.

Did I miss anything ??
  10. Adam of Ragefire Lorekeeper

That's the ticket!
  11. Daragoth Lorekeeper

You could always try saying that not being able to log in is "classic EQ" and then charge extra of the "waiting to play" experience.
  12. Chips Elder

The definitely need another server like Ragefire. And my guess is they have one or more servers with not many people on it they could use if they'd like..
  13. Sniggz Elder

What an original idea. I'm glad you came up with such a great idea, OP. How has nobody thought of or suggested this before? They should name this 'new server' (that is the correct terminology, right?? ...... Sorry, having a hard time following this new concept) Velious916 to honor the true trailblazing pioneer that first thought up this idea.
  14. issling New Member

Well I have been sitting in the que now for hour and a half:(
  15. Makenzi Journeyman

Just cause...I'm sitting in queue :(
  16. velious916 Journeyman

Thanks Sniggz, it is pretty fresh.
  17. Sheaffer Augur

How is that bull if the majority of people are voting for it?
  18. Leifer Augur

There should have been a Ragefire (b) and a Ragefire (c) which would be merged to Ragefire (a) after some sort of time period.
  19. demigod Journeyman

They need a solution fast. Queue is not the answer. Nobody wants to pay to wait, they will start losing subscriptions. Even without queue, 4k people is just waaaaay too much for classic EQ. Everyone will be voting for Kunark to open.

How much is a server anyways, $10k? I"m pretty sure DB has some old unused servers lying around. Hell they can kickstart a new server if they don't want to foot the bill. $100 with classic incentives like guise of deceiver, rubicite, cryosilk robe :p. No Manastone since that is OP.

Put in a cap half the size of Ragefire and only allow 1 character creation per account. Copy the created names on Ragefire and disallow it on new server so that way when they want to merge the servers people won't have an X in the back of their names.

Allow 1 to 2 instance of non-newbie zones.
  20. Sheaffer Augur

You would still get more hardcore people than you playing and advancing faster. Instead of maybe 2 days to kill Nagafen it would be three or four. You might not get people as hard core as TL but you'll still get people much more hardcore than the average player who still won't share mobs, they will still 6 box, and they'll still do all the other stuff you dont like.