New class/race combos

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jyve, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Zemi New Member

Well, Gnome Monks would be awesome...
    But, the obvious ones I have said "Why not?" about for years:

Wood Elf Cleric
    Wood Elf Beastlord
    Half Elf Cleric
    Half Elf Beastlord
    Froglok Mage

I'm having my doubts on them following through with Beastlords being anything else though. They'd have to make new pets. Mages would riot...
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

VAH SHIR MAGE!
  3. Koveras Elder

My list of what races should have as additional class selections as mentioned below.

Barbarian: Bards, Clerics, Monks, Paladins & Shadow Knights
    Dark Elf: Bards, Druids, Monks, Paladins & Rangers
    Drakkin: Beastlords, Berserkers & Shamans
    Dwarf: Monks
    Erudite: Bards
    Froglok: Magicians & Monks
    Gnome: Druid, Monks & Rangers
    Half Elf: Same as Humans plus Beastlords, Berserkers & Shamans
    Halfling: Bards, Beastlords & Shamans
    High Elf: Monks & Warriors
    Human: Beastlords, Berserkers & Shamans
    Iskar: Berserkers, Magicians, Rogues & Wizards
    Ogre: Bards, Clerics & Paladins
    Troll: Necromancers & Rogues
    Vah Shir: Cleric, Druid, Paladin & Ranger
    Wood Elf: Beastlords & Shamans

And now for the reasons on why they should be.

For Barbarians: I wouldn't mind seeing Barbarians be Clerics & Paladins since they do devote themselves to either Mithaniel Marr, Rallos Zek or The Tribunal, heak I wouldn't even mind seeing some of them devote themselves to Erollisi Marr herself as well. As for Bards I think they can sing pretty well so why not? Some of them can devote themselves to Bristlebane among the way. Then finally Barbarian Shadow Knights, I'm certain they'll devote themselves to Rallos Zek, this I have no doubt.

For Dark Elves: Despite being a twisted reflection of the High Elves it's possible that some of the Dark Elves may have taped into their natural elven selves, for this reason they should be allowed to play as Druids and Rangers, further more some of them can even find themselves worshiping Tunare, stating that they see her as the mother of elves as going as far to state that Innoruuk himself only made them to be a twisted reflection of the High Elves. This reason states that they should be Paladins and some of the Dark Elf may also even gain Tunare as a patron deity.

For Drakkins: See Humans.

For Dwarves: Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing them be Monks, after all it is part of their nature to get drunk and perhaps some of them wouldn't even mind learning the Drunkin Fist.

For Gnomes: Why some say it may not sound right while others think it's a great idea, why not the idea of Gnome Monks as a tribute from the WTFComics.com website.

For Halflings: Now why is it that Halflings despite the many of them are well know to be great singers but never got the opportunity to be the Bard? I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be Bards due to this. As for Halfling Beastlords and Halfling Shamans, the only thing I can think of is that only a few number of Halflings ever become somewhat feral.

For High Elves: Why no Pure Combatant Classes for High Elves? I wouldn't mind seeing them be Monks as well as Warriors, they seem to have discipline of sorts.

For Frogloks: I don't see why they shouldn't be Magicians as well as Monks, they do have the discipline to be those after all.

For Half Elves: Because Half Elves are indeed Half Human, why is it that they can't have the same class selection as Humans do??? No matter how I look at it, it just doesn't make any sense.

For Humans: I'm not sure why but was their any reason why Humans shouldn't even be Beastlords, Berserkers nor even Shamans to begin with? With the expection of Half Elves and Drakkins they should be allowed to select any class regardless.

For Iskars: I don't see why their shouldn't even be an Iskar Berserker, after all Iskars do tend to be rather tribal to some degree but even then some of the Iskars are also highly intelligent as well, giving me the reason why they should be Magicians & Wizards.

For Ogers: Until the very event where many of their kind have been cursed by The Rathe for invading Plane of Earth, the Ogers where once rather smart despite their big size, despite this Ogers should be allowed to become Bards, Clerics and Paladins has some of them have escaped the Curse, in some cases the Curse of The Rathe has weaken to some degree but not entirely broken as more of them start gradually getting smarter and wiser by the moment.

For Trolls: Considering that the bulk of the Trolls are evil by nature they should be allowed to be Necromancers and perhaps Rogues.

For Vah Shir: Due to the fact they tend to be a rather regal yet somewhat feral race, I don't see why they shouldn't even be allowed to have Cleric, Druid, Paladin & Ranger within their ranks.

For Wood Elves: Since some Wood Elves tend to be abit feral it also gives reason to state that they should be allowed to choose Beastlords and Shamans as part of their class selection.

On the side note to this considering the fact that if new class/race combos do result, I also think it be ideal to look at the Deity Selection List and somewhat expand that as well not to mention the idea of adding new Deities on the Character Selection List upon Character creation (such as Anashti Su & Mayorg Mistmoore respectfully), regardless these are the only combos I can think of.
  4. Lenowill Augur

Additional classes for the Iksar, based on recent shifts in the lore:

I'd like to see an option for creating Agnostic or good-aligned Iksar now that Cazic is... well, yanno. This also makes more sense now that at least some of the Iksar have broken free of their isolationism for quite a while and mingled with the rest of Norrathian society in PoK, and among the Wayfarers. (Some blending of cultural ideas should have occurred by this point.)

This would correspondingly open up new class options for the Iksar. I would vote for Rogue (NPC Iksar rogues already exist in large numbers anyway), Berserker, Druid, and Ranger - possibly more (Bard/Cler/Pal/Wiz maybe).

Other stuff I'd like to see:

Guktan enchanter (and probably magician too). NPC frogloks (I know they're not the same subrace, but still) have plenty of enchanters, so this isn't unreasonable.

Guktan beastlord with a mosquito pet (in reference to the mosquito taming that was going on back when the Guktans held Grobb).

Vah Shir monk (now we can use Tiger Claw for real!)

Guktan bard (the animations their model has for playing instruments are really good imo).

...And I won't even cry too hard if Gnomish Monks are added. WTFcomics more than merits the shout-out. :)
    Nerishau likes this.
  5. Tegila Augur

barbarian druids. tehyre scotts dammit and scotts are druadic. only makes sense :p
  6. Ddink Journeyman

I've always wanted to be a froglok zerker
  7. Toquillaw Augur

I would play a barbarian bard for sure. More bard races would be super, always seems a bit limited.

I would even pay for a class/race unlock for that.
  8. Reprisal Augur

If they are only adding a few combinations, adding any enc/rog/bard seems like a waste to me. They have aa's/masks available pretty readily, and can stay illusioned through zoning (woohoo class defining) and for 24 hrs or whatever. Iksar are my favourite race but it seems like a waste as well, given the mask is very easy to acquire, (granted, not at low levels, but..) maybe wood elves too. Just imo.

Adding races to the beastlord class might be more complicated than others, it ties in to warder type of course, some AA and epic quest and possibly some other things. Would be neat to see more choices there, though.
  9. Liliana Augur

Froglok / Iksar / wood elf berserkers
    Wood elf shaman
    froglok / wood elf beastlords
    Dark elf / barbarian bards
    Barb pally
    Froglok Mage
    Froglok chanter
    Barbarian cleric
    Iksar druid

Gnome/froglok monks would be freakin awesome but not realistic I guess :(
  10. Hatsee Augur

All/All
    Sinestra and Rainbowdash like this.
  11. Rainbowdash Augur

Either this...or....Vah Shir mage. :3

(Now that Sony has started this.. I won't stop til it's in. Lol)

In all seriousness though, I can see why some races wouldn't be certain classes. There is classes that ju s t don't fit them lorewise. However at the same time from a roleplay angle you have to think some members of any race, even if they are the minority by a large margin, would reject their race's stereotype and follow a new path. Be it a unusual class, their choice in a god to follow, their faction standings etc. Through illusions and roleplay many of us already do this in game, why not make it legitimate?

For example, i'm a dark elf mage. As far as my roleplay goes i have forsaken Innoruuk. I follow Luclin. Why should i not be allowed to actually do that? I had to go agnostic at best.
  12. isabot New Member

Barbarian,Bard
  13. Lenowill Augur

Vah Shir magicians would summon Hair Elementals.

See what I did there?

Also, I should probably weigh in that I am not opposed to All/All (seems to be working nicely in Vanguard), but I do understand too that some classes are probably not super easy to import into other races. Also, SoE probably would like to milk this for Race Change Tokens more often than just once (and oddly, I don't totally blame them).
    Nerishau likes this.
  14. Recnarp Augur

I predict so many gnomes and cute elves running around.

If they keep the racial bonus traits, sadly I guess I'll be stuck an ogre because I <3 the frontal stun immunity.
  15. Nerishau New Member

All suggested already, but like these best (seem kind of easy to fit with the usual deities/classes):
    Half Elf Cleric
    Iksar Berserker, Rogue
    Froglok Magician, Enchanter
    Wood Elf Cleric, Paladin

Vah Monk and Barb Bard, Pal would be fun too.
  16. Liliana Augur

Definitely want to see more races for monks, probably my top hope for this
    Elidroth likes this.
  17. Jahim New Member

I recently posted my thoughts in another thread. I agree with more of a need to expand our races options of worship and then you can expand the classes appropriately. Barbs with the Marr twins, Half Elves with Bertoxxulous and Inny fully (not just with the Warrior and Rogue class that you can do currently. The evil Half Elf already exists! Just expand it.), Vah Shir with Tunare, etc. Once you expand our religion choices, the class thing becomes an easier decision I feel like. That does not mean everyone gets a Beastlord or a Berserker, sorry guys.
  18. Diptera Augur

Not sure if typo or epic idea....
    Liliana, Nerishau and Tegila like this.
  19. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Keep in mind that races who don't have robe models are probably less likely to get intelligence caster or monk classes. The vast majority of ogre wizards, for instance, would have screwed up chest slot models since ogres can't wear robes.
  20. Hatsee Augur

They supposedly added HF models of all types to each and every race in the event that this happened. If that's true then they may also have done just base models, or they may have to find a fancy way to add in a few options like Ogre Wizards.
    Rainbowdash likes this.