Need leveling locations for 70-75 with an actual group.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sinrite, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Sinrite New Member

I've played off and on quite a bit, and always been able to find plenty of info on leveling that fit well, but now I find myself in a bit of a spot...

The posts and guides I've followed in the past have all been great for solo, molo, duo, or whatnot, but I now have a dedicated group of 5 friends that play together daily, and we've done well through level 69 (currently DSH farm & repeatable quests), but I've run out of ideas and information from here to 75, and possibly beyond. We've been doing well going 1-2 'tiers' above whatever level we are at on the guides, since they seem to be mostly targeted at solo to small group play. Everyone understands that experience does slow down, but, for instance, we ran out to the current 70 hot zone, Arcstone, at 65 and tore through everything there while feeling like the exp wasn't too great for nonstop yellows, with an occasional white or red...

Could we get some suggestions on what zones to look into, any adventures or missions that might be available, and quests or camps that have worked well for others?
    Everyone is open to quest/mission/HA/grind/whatever, so long as we feel like the time spent has made decent progress to that little orange bar.

If it helps, the group setup is SK, BST, NEC, MNK, ENC, with a cleric merc.

Thanks!
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Keep moving up hot zones if they are viable - hot zones switch arounds mean that I can't make specific comments. There aren't any HAs available before 75.

Normal logical progression would suggest Mechmatic Guardian; it's usually suggested around 80 for smaller groups, but has a nice internal progression of mob levels. If you have any of the TBS zones as hot zones, they can be good - but were originally intended for level cap 75. Sticking around after a daily quest to grind some would possibly be worthwhile. Otherwise, Beza and Zeka from SoF, and then the progression zones for SoD: Field of Scale and Warrens, preferably, with their mix of weak and harder mobs.
  3. anvil Elder

you could try loping plains. there is a couple of quests for killing wereorcs and worgs from the same quest giver and just kill lots of orcs and worgs and repeat.
  4. Sinrite New Member

Thank you both!
    We are on our way to Loping Plains tonight to see how things flow, and will move ahead to Mechamatic Guardian when LP starts to feel easy/slow. I scouted MG earlier, and it looks to be great. I know there are plenty of camps in LP; is there any spot in particular with a steady flow of pulls? That has been one of our issues with the blenders and casters tearing through mobs as quick as they do.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

While in Loping Plains, check out the gators as well, you can work your way along the line and then loop back to start again. Not sure if there are enough for you, but mix it up with the worg quests. Centre of the zone is just loads of roaming worgs and not much else.
  6. Picaresque Augur

One possibility might be the Blackwater camp in HoS. Mobs will be 79-81, mostly single and double pulls. You can set up camp on the hill outside the huts.