Need advice on Heroic Rogue. (stats)

Discussion in 'Melee' started by GeezerGamer, Mar 24, 2014.

1. GeezerGamer Journeyman

So I'm creating a Halfling Heroic Rogue this evening, and I'm wondering if I should leave my starting stats alone (25 points are dumped in Dex) or invest them in Sta instead. The old argument used to be that Sta was most difficult to raise and should be boosted. I realize now with defiant and AAs and other changes that putting 25 points in Sta may no longer be the way to go, so advice is appreciated.

Leave the points in Dex?
    Dump them in Sta?
    Dump them in Agility?

Thanks
  2. Kanolth New Member

3. GeezerGamer Journeyman

4. Brogett Augur

Heroic stats are base stats + specific exta abilities.

Eg base stamina is IIRC 8.5 hp pre-255 and 4.25 hp post 255. Heroic stamina is a flat +10 hp, plus also boosting the base stat (so an extra 4.25, although only the 4.25 portion is boosted by your AAs).

Heroic strength adds +1 damage every 10 hSTR, but it's the base stat which is boosting attack. Similar heroic dex adds +1 damage every 10 for ranged attacks as well as doing something with defenses, but the base stat is what changes crit rates and chance to proc. (Actually heroic str is factored in chance to proc some skills too, via a differring amount.) Most of the exact maths is not well understood though.
  5. Harabakc Augur

Has it ever been established that hstr adds *real* ATK? I was reading a lot of stuff that showed it to be fake attack, but they were old posts. Back around the time they removed dex from contributing to melee +damage.