More Tuning for Progression Servers: Raids and Player Pets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Detheb Augur

I mean, i dont know what warriors you're playing with. But with Swift, i can do around 18 dps on the buffed raid mobs, more than that on non-buffed. I average out at around 14 though(Augment+keeping an eye on everything else). If your warriors are not parsing well, they're probably being lazy ^_^
  2. Banuvan Augur

Which is really.....weird. Warriors have 1 button to push after they turn on auto attack. lol
  3. Detheb Augur

Kick is really a lot of extra damage when you think about it lol. Weapons do also play a part aswell, but I mean, just hitting kick and being in a decent position is the same as rogues really ^_^
  4. Banuvan Augur

Oh I know. It's just funny to see lazy and warriors when they really don't have much to do as far as button pushes and such. Not many classes do due to it being classic but still. That made me chuckle.
  5. Asheran Augur

Oh, you are right. A well geared warrior can pull that dps. SKs can go a bit higher, thanks to dots, pet, vampiric, etc.

My original comparison was to an average geared warrior. Mage pets seem to pull ~10-13 dps, depending on the boss, pet type, and whether it is focused by an elemental mastery staff or not.
  6. Detheb Augur

Classic is the time everyone can be lazy and just feign ignorance, but yeah, warrior dps isn't bad, at all =p
  7. Zeusdraco New Member

Your small changes will help but pet should cost much more to recast or have a timer to be able to recast them when more than 8 mage or necro hit the same target ( kind of debuff on them ) which will scale when their pet die. A recasted pet should do less dmg and have less potential of reaggroying a boss that scale also depending the number of time they die. Character rezzed get this kind of penality why wouldnt pet ?

You could also twink pet that they have a very hard time on aggroying a boss.....i dont think pet were ever intended to tank a boss target......

With this kind of penality you will have more chance to mage/necro army, adding 2-3 min to a fight wont block them much. Avoiding them to spam pet tough or forcing the mage to tank as penality on raid target will sure affect them if they have no tank around to aggro it for them.

Really think about it was necro/mage pet really intended to be raid boss tanker ? they shouldnt even be allowed to aggro a raidboss. I mean are innoruk or cazic that stupid ? oh oh oh here is a summoned pet, i see a caster spawning them in chain!, i gonna show him my might and poff his pets over and over! he will pershap someday lack mana and leave me alone ! *** for godsake.....can they have a brain and go directly for the darn mage/necro behind ???***

---------------------------------

Mage/necro army in groups camp.....DGB did you notice the 48 mage army just split themself and camp 3-4-5 pick at time.....i know they all subs....which is nice for you.....i dont mind much about it...as long they dont afk......or are totaly botted.

Pershap enforce your rule.....when 50 Customer cry over a 48 bots army .....that come steal their camp....react maybe ?

Real story in plane of hate.....some 12 army boxed get all the forsaken mobs , no matter if you pulled it, was right by them or had it engaged.....from speaking to the boxers.....the nicer answer you will get from him is * nice race or it was my right to *.

Maybe its time for you to answer the report and help them to understand how being nicer to others?
  8. Tulgin Augur

2 options:

1. Give all bosses an AE proc attack that only proc's if they hit a summoned creature. Does 2k AE damage to summoned enemies. This should wipe out all pets within a few seconds if a pet has aggro.

2. Leave everything alone and make pet walling illegal. Just tell people not to do it and they won't, no need to add anything to the game. Enforce it with suspensions and I guarantee there will be no more pet walling within a week. This applies to raid mobs only, I guess pets were supposed to tank group content, but I doubt any dev's designed raid fights around pet tanks, so it's abuse of game mechanics.
  9. Asheran Augur

Pet walling has been part of the game for a long, long time. My first experience with it was in Kunark, on Lord Rak'Ashiir. He has an AOE fire dot that could wipe out melee very quickly. Guilds pet walled him with fire pets to avoid it.
  10. Diptera Augur

Back in Kunark there was a guild composed almost entirely of mages - although this was back when the mage pet heal spell was targettable, so you could heal other people's pets, so they had a pile of mages all healing whichever pet was tanking at the time :)
    Grish likes this.
  11. Lee81 Augur

For the players whom started a mage because they were very imbalanced (op) - why did you play one to begin with? Is it because you could take advantage of this situation and reap the benefits? I find it very difficult to feel sympathy for any of you because it was a significant flaw to begin with. I keep reading comments about the ability to solo, but it was beyond the normal ability to solo. The strength of the current mage and necro is far beyond what it should ever be. The nerfbat should happen.
    Tallor likes this.
  12. Banuvan Augur

You already answered your question for the majority of people who are playing a mage(s)
  13. Vaclav Augur

IIRC there's a few cases in GoD that are pretty close to fitting that clause.
  14. Lee81 Augur

It was a rhetorical question.
  15. Son of a... Augur

The more I read these forums, the more utterly stupid this all becomes.
    There should be no nerfbat...period. Because none of this BS should have existed in the first place.
    This 'classic based' experience isn't current, there is no touchy feely process of cause and effect to figure out, because there is sixteen years of data, of patches, of corrections to take from. This isn't even their (SOE/DBG) first go-around on creating and running a time locked progression server.
  16. Lee81 Augur

It's all about the revenue stream! If they can make more money, then they will do whatever it takes. Blizzard understands this very well. You can't argue with a company that makes hundreds of millions because they know how to cater and balance issues. Superior customer service = rollin' in dough
  17. Examiner New Member

Well I just logged on to my filthy casual 38 mage and couldn't solo nearly as well as I could before. The defensive nerfs on the pets are just asinine when you do them MONTHS after the server opens. Everyone who's a casual and simply wanted to play a mage for nostalgia sake just got screwed hard by this. I don't box mages and will probably never raid (I'm a filthy casual after all).

Solo mages that don't box were never an issue so I don't know why they had to get the nerf bat. Applying all of these mage nerfs to raid situations (3+ mages) would have been good enough.
  18. Qflex Journeyman

Very good job at not doing your job again DB, minis in hate still hit for 700! that's so nice!
  19. Zublak Augur

Was really hoping they'd put them back to where they were before the buff. =/
  20. Darth Augur

But, can they be mage pet walled still?

Cause 700 damage is like 2 group content at this point. Maybe less.