Monk vs. Rogue at 1000 AA's Silver Acct

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Cenki, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Cenki Journeyman

I want to play. I want to be a Monk or Rogue. The concept of collecting the masks or kung fu or backstabbing and whatnot all sound great. I wanna see damage numbers. Lots of numbers.. but I only got 1000 AA and a level 90 cap. I will molo or group or both I dunno. Whatever it takes.

What do I pick?
  2. Ishtass Augur

Whatever you want.
  3. Lenowill Augur

Rogue if you don't mind being squishier and if you enjoy stealth exploration a lot (rogues can sneak around pretty much anywhere, especially once they get the Shroud of Stealth AA in the 60s).

Monk if you like being a little tankier and more self-sufficient in combat in general, but not doing quite as much damage. Their Feign Death is a great and fun ability, and Mend helps with survival too.

Rogues really benefit from having an actual group of people to play with (monks do too, but rogues really love it).

The AA burden on both classes is probably pretty similar (but since I have neither a rogue nor a monk at a high level I can't really comment much on that). You should be able to get a decent setup for 1000 AA, and if you decide to go gold or buy AA cap increases after that, you should be fine.

You have a lot of content available to play through in the meantime.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Leno pretty much gave a fair summary. If you really feel like it you could just go on random AA binges at specific times of the year with more double xp days. At 90 if you keep to the bare minimum AA and no non dps you can do very well with both; a balanced version is also very possible just less crazy dps and considerably more survivability.