Melee DPS - Cleave items

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Ragnard, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Ragnard Elder

So for a grouping level 100 Melee DPS that doesn't have access to raids - I'm curious if 1-grouping a set of old raid sleeves that has Cleave IX (we're talking SoD or UF level) will result in a large improvement over using current group arms with VII-26.

Has anyone done some comparisons on this? Or are there level restrictions on older versions of cleave?

Unless I'm missing something, I'm willing to give up 1500hp, some heroics/mod2s in exchange for 80% more crit chance.
  2. Ishtass Augur

PoTime has a 46% haste item while you're at it ;p
  3. Ragnard Elder

I suppose you're trying to equate the difference between Cleave VII and IX to 3% haste that would rarely get used. Haste is capped all the time with a 40% haste item, at least for me. However, there's nothing that makes up for the difference between 280% and 360% crit chance between cleave VII and IX. Other than weapon ratios, this is the biggest difference between raid and group geared melee DPS.

Am I to assume that you've parsed the difference and concluded that it's insignificant?
  4. Harabakc Augur

If you're not taking damage I don't see where you'd be losing out switching to a better cleave.
  5. Ishtass Augur

You would definitely see a dps bump (not a lot), but I don't think it's worth tossing out over 1000hp for either. jm2c
  6. Dandin Augur

Try it out, parse the difference!
  7. Khauruk Augur

Get them. You'll like it. One or two thousand lost HP is nothing, realistically speaking.
  8. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

Worth it for a zerker? :p
  9. drkoli Augur

10. Ragnard Elder

Didn't feel like doing SoD progression to do tower/Korafax raids, so tried some UF T1 raids. They tend to have mechanics which prevent only 6 players (especially a box group) from completing them such as the 80-60 phase on fippy where you need a lot of people meleeing with bane procs, or the banishings on Beast. Haven't tried underburrowing yet. I think that one will be tough with all the tanking that's needed during the later waves and magrix/beetle phase.
  11. Naugrin Augur

Go for upper house raid....do that u til you get arms to drop.
  12. Ragnard Elder

Are you talking HoT upper floors guardian of the house raid? Did they unlock raid progression for HoT?
  13. Naugrin Augur

I don't know if the raid progression is unlocked but I bet you can find someone to request it....what server are you on?
  14. Ragnard Elder

I'm on Luclin. That might work, though I'm not sure how they did HoT with raid progression, but I know when I was raiding in SoD/UF era you could only have so many unflagged per flagged raider.
  15. Naugrin Augur

I think with hot being open now, as long as you have someone to request you shouldn't have to worry about flagging. I'm not positive though.