<Magus Imperialist Magicus> On Coirnav

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Phiveoh, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Phiveoh New Member

<Magus Imperialist Magicus> Greetings my friends! Gates of Discord is little over a month away and we are looking for a few more people to fill our ranks! We are currently raiding Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5PST to 9PST (summer raiding schedule) completing all content. We understand the summer comes with slow times due to kids being out of school and vacations. Once GoD comes out we will add Wednesday's back to the menu so we can continue to be one of the best on the server. Our current needs as follows HIGH: Rogues, Monks, Enchanters, Wizard and Berserkers (when it comes out) MEDIUM : Beastlord, Bards, Rangers, Mage, Paladins, Necro, Druids, Shamans LOW: Warrior (will take one if one is looking), SK and Cleric. We are a loot council guild and the most fair in any game i have ever had the pleasure to be part of. So come join MIM and lets have some fun together!!!!

Apply at Mimguild.com!

Phiveoh
    Recruitment Officer
  2. P226 New Member

The guild leader cleric shows up to raids to loot tradeskill items and then casts two or three heals a night, then rewards himself with the best items first so his three heals per raid are the best they can be.
  3. Crackers Augur

Completely legitimate concerns. Let's talk about those.

1. With 25 recorded loots since the server began, I've replaced 5 pieces of raid gear unnecessarily. With my character only being able to utilize 20 pieces of gear total, this is just downright greedy that I've done that. Why, Vicious of RI has 61 loots since September of last year....wait...that....okay maybe that comparison was poor, and in fairness RI uses DKP so he paid for his loot. I just took mine because I corrupt our loot council. Why in fact, I'm sure I have the most loot of any cleric in our guild....wait....no that's not going to work either. Sorry I can't help you prove this point. My bad..

2. Plane of Time and LDoN are chocked full of useful tradeskill items....Well, actually PoTime has literally none, but have you made Cheesy Potato Soup? Such a good stat food! That +4 Stamina is legit! Best tradeskill recipe out of LDoN. Here's the link to it if you're interested!

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23416

3.) I completely deny that I show up for tradeskill items and loot as my primary motivation. It's actually to bask in the architecture of a 20 year old game. High end raiding zones have some of the best pixel backgrounds out there, so it's really neat to be able to look at them in such great detail.

4. Two or three heals total? I call complete BS! Why on last night's raid I healed at least 4 times! Here are the time stamps to prove it...

[Tue Jun 25 20:49:26 2019] Ophi is bathed in a supernal light. You healed Ophi for 4041 hit points by Supernal Light.
    [Tue Jun 25 20:49:31 2019] Ophi is bathed in a supernal light. You healed Ophi for 4272 hit points by Supernal Light.
    [Tue Jun 25 20:49:45 2019] Graavy feels the touch of Replenishment. You healed Graavy for 3349 (3701) hit points by Word of Replenishment.
    [Tue Jun 25 20:50:27 2019] Ophi is bathed in a supernal light. You healed Ophi for 2482 (4128) hit points by Supernal Light.

All in all, I healed at least 4 times. I'm not sure if I did more though, as reading logs is hard and I don't read so good. Also, I might have been AFK cooking chicken nuggets for at least 2 hours.

Thanks for showing interest in MIM. I'll fill my cup with the tears you've shed here and drink heartily. I welcome further criticism. Perhaps you'd like to chime in on how unfair loot council is, why you're no longer in MIM, or perhaps, how you dislike the layout of our website. All legitimate concerns we'd love to hear more about!

Best Regards,

Dupre
  4. its_a_secret Journeyman

Loot council will not work on TLP because the eras pass so quickly. Basically you are in with the cool kids or you get skipped for choice gear. Looting high value items with no accountability in the early eras funds some lucky individual's Krono pile. DKP isn't a perfect system but it's very transparent, and doesn't rely on whether or not you are popular with members of the council.
  5. Crackers Augur

Thank you for your input, but as a whole our members are very happy with loot council, and among the best geared on the server. It works well for us. Loot council is successful when you have a variety of classes serving on it, you evaluate the fairness of awarding the gear, the usefulness of the item to the classes, and the many many other factors we look at. I would argue loot council is best for TLP, because it directs the loot where it makes most sense with the ability to help keep loot distribution fair. We don't have paladins winning white dragon scale cloaks with improved damage over wizards in classic, for example, and we certainly don't have leadership, or whoever the "cool kids" are because I'm a flippin nerd, winning more than anyone else.

Again though, thank you for your input.
  6. Angrif Lorekeeper

While not loot system is perfect, I was in the guild from veliois through Ldon and always felt the officers were fair with loot council decisions. I was always happy with results and thr loot I got and the guild members as a whole were satisfied with the process and happy for their guild mates. The only reason I'm no longer raiding with the guild is because I have had to retire from raiding all together due to real life.

If someone is interested in raiding with a guild that takes raiding seriously while also having fun, MiM is a great choice.