Mage AA to not get?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by fizzlesticks, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Piemastaj Augur

Really wish people would quote me when they are trying to insult me.

I said DMG, my posts were directed at DMG. From strictly a DMG perspective (like you know I was talking about) it is a terrible waste of time. I would imagine PVPing in a dungeon is not very productive, but if that is what you try and do then yes Fickle would be useful, but still low DMG.

Never have nor will I ever say I am the 'master of magicians'. I did however get you a few abilities that make PVPing easier for us, but you know insults are more appropriate then assuming I am unaware of the ways of PVPing.

Prove me wrong that Fickle is one of our worst spells for DMG, and I will gladly eat crow. Until that happens, staying on the topic I am directing my comments at allows for a productive conversation to happen.
    Dandin likes this.
  2. fransisco Augur

Its not technically a detrimental AA, but would anyone use turn summoned?
  3. Enkel Augur

Turned summon isn't a useful AA in today's game.
  4. fransisco Augur

aye, yet it saw 3 ranks upgraded in CoTF for some odd reason. I'd say its one to be avoided, and worthy of this list
  5. Crystilla Augur

As a non mage player, curious why folks are saying don't get it. Is it just based on the OP's low AA count (aka it's a non essential AA so not worth getting now) or do folks actually think it's worthless.

Since it is castable in between spell gem fresh, it's free DPS, but does it block some other spell or something?
  6. Potawatomi Augur

Just not useful in most situations. It's an AA you get when it's between heroic charisma and turned summoned.
  7. Crystilla Augur

Thanks, though that didn't exactly answer my question as why free DPS isn't 'useful'. If you mean you need summoned mobs to use it - that I understand. But just asking what 'isn't useful' about it.
    moogs likes this.
  8. Dandin Augur

Free DPS isn't always good DPS..
  9. Crystilla Augur

10. Potawatomi Augur

It's not useful since there isn't an abundance of summoned mobs. Also, it isn't until CoTF that the AA becomes useful since it jumps from a 4k dot at rank 9 to a 46.5k dot at rank 12.
  11. Crystilla Augur

Thanks Potawatomi - clerics also get the undead version of this line. So I was familiar with the concept of low DPS at the start and the more recent high boom with the ending ranks. Just wasn't sure if it was that, the non abundance of summoned mob types or something else as to why it wasn't "useful".
  12. fransisco Augur

There is always the old favorite - improved reclaim energy.
    I think innate chr might actually be worth more