Fixed LS Ultrarare loot overscaled

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Alkyvret, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Alkyvret Nature's Boiling Wrath Enthusiast

The new ultrarare/chase loot in LS, Memoryforged Desolation, seems to have the foci of LS raid gear and not NoS raid gear like it should.

Linking a comparison image in google drive (bc I'm dumb and attaching isn't working), and comparing the new chase range to my NoS raid range, the stats are identical, but the foci on the LS chase piece is higher (140-170% Vile Plaguedoom vs 120-160% Festering Pestilence).
    So, looks like they have NoS raid stats with LS raid foci. That intended?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vl2t9OWw4Ig3wthX5peYPoPee9_cfGzo/view?usp=sharing
    Exuo and Sancus like this.
  2. Exuo Journeyman

While this is "confirmed" another concern is the lack of proper weapon ratio increases. They were missed, IE DPS ratio is not bumped like Lsong weapons are, please correct that too.

Understandably it won't be the same ratio as LS but with Chase Loot having a 2-year life span (2 expansion's loot table), they are and will be significantly underpowered in comparison to current group content weapons. @Dev so can we meet a ratio somewhere in the middle?
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  3. Alkyvret Nature's Boiling Wrath Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm not sure why anybody would want "raid" weapons that are lower damage than anything dropped in LS. /shrug.
    Exuo likes this.
  4. Paladin Augur

Yes, the chase loot is not as good as some of the 'normal' loot dropped in LS.

In the past, chase loot was better than any group gear of the current expansion. This has not been true in recent years.
  5. Micker99 Augur

That's because the chase loot weapons are copies of the previous expansions raid weapons. They didn't upgrade the previous expansions weapons, after giving LS weapons a massive bump in damage. Hoping they get to upgrading the older weapons also. If not, all chase weapons will be garbage, until next expansions.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

That does make sense, and it's okay that this expansion makes last expansion weapon ratios poor. That happens, like with BP Foci on level increase expansions. It's understandable they wont change the last expansion gear tuning.

However, the chase loot is from this expansion, so not making the ratios at least match LS T1 group ratios, or better, LS T3 tradeskill ratios, is a bad decision.
    Exuo, Svann2 and Barton-Vox like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

I want to say that they should have skipped chase weapons this expac, but otoh if one dropped Id still give it to my alt until he got something better.
  8. Syclones New Member

Ya the formula for Chase needs to change.... Current chase loot stats = last expansions raid T1... So when they upped the stats on grp weapons they forgot about chase being based on last expansion's raid T1. So now chase loot needs to be something like current raid t1 - 20%.
    Exuo likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

So what you're saying is that there is nothing for raiders until the new raids are added to the game?
    Group gear - junk
    Chase gear - junk
    Group TS gear - junk

You do know raiders actually play this game, right?
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

The state of weapons this expansion aside...

When I've grouped with raiders in missions or whatever in past expansions, I've never seen ANY of them actually want (or even roll on) group loot...except for maybe augs. And I'm talking about before raids open. I've frequently seen them kill named for hunter achievements and just leave everything on the corpse because it's all useless to them.

So, yeah, personal experience has told me that raiders see group gear (augs and evolvers being the excpetion) as complete junk to them.
    Exuo likes this.
  11. tanknit Journeyman

i think this is only bad for plat sellers if the group gear is better then its better farm that
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

Doesn't need a % bonus because it should not devalue raid armor. Some players only get their raid armor just before or even after the launch of the next expansion.

Ultrarares should simply match T1 but not be less than T3 group in any stat. The ultrarare BPs should maybe have the foci this expansion though.

Ultimately the change is to catch melee up to casters and is probably not going to be a recurring issue. It's probably a once in many expansion tuning problem.

What? When has this not been the case? Last expansion T1 raid armor has always been better than this expansion T3 group armor hasn't it? The only exception has been things like BP foci not working on new spells on level expansion increases.

Ultrarares have been the same as raid armor so there's no reason for raiders to get them unless they missed a slot raiding.

Is the chase neck junk? One of our SHD linked his and it had 20k HP on it. It seems to be best in slot.

Raiders are also getting new 3's, 5's, 7's, 8's, whatever # luck is (23?). We have levels and AA. Lots of new stuff for us to do. Been solid busy for weeks and still more to do. And we only have to wait 1 months for raids.
  13. Angahran Augur

Type 3s to make up for the fact the 'new' (a.k.a. copy&paste) spells are junk until you get at least rank 2, plus focus AAs.
    Levels, woohoo...
    Spells, copy&paste from 2 expansions ago.
    AAs, copy&paste from 2 expansions ago. When was the last time any class actually got something 'new'?
  14. Mytoss Elder

Got a rare weapon today but its ratio is less than grp weapons
    Please adjust.
  15. chronicler Augur

will not happen, that is how nos weapons are
  16. Mytoss Elder

Well whats the point of chase loot then if grp weapons are better? should we tribute it?...
    Ive heard that they are gonna upgrade the raid weapons from last expansion.