Looking for a server with the most low level players (non-progressive)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hexsim, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Hexsim New Member

Maybe this belongs in the newbie zone, but I am a veteran after all.. and figured this forum would get the most hits.

Just came back to the game after a 6+ year break, and looking to reacquaint myself with some new characters leveling up from 1... more so for nostalgia purposes than relearning. And as such, I'd love it if there was a server where the lower areas, even if it's mostly hot zones, are actually 'decently' populated. And even if that means I run into one or two people per zone every hour lol.. so long as there's some there, folks I can group with, folks I can chat with around the same level or help out/vice versa.

My mains are on Saryrn, but so far I've checked out Vox and Bristlebane.. Bristlebane being the highest normal server population apparently, according to this website, but oddly enough.. when entering mines of gloomingdeep it had like 3 players in it, while Vox had 15-16 which is the most I've seen so far. But I haven't seen past gloomingdeep into the actual hot zones, are there a reasonable amount of players there in most servers or is everyone mostly 85+? And in particular is Britstlebanes population mostly 85+, cus like I said Vox seems to have more 'lows'..

Is Vox where most new players end up or something? Being the 'newest' and 'preferred sever'? Are there any other servers people can confirm that there are lots of new players, particularly outside/after the tutorial, cus that's where I'd rather play anyway.

Thanks in advance
  2. bigpapa Augur

in firiona vie I see everyday low level LFG or more , in the newplayer chat I can see sometime up to 325 + in that chat window . if there and knowing your toon name I could help you as well, with a free very fast mount ( velocity 75 ) and some plats to help you get the basic and more.

there are so many in chat channel ( I know not all are there too ) new players chat channel at 325 + , general chat max at 400 , so past 400 another chat channel is auto created ( general chat 1 was at 400 as well ) so a third one was auto created and that one had 230 or so in it, so just in there, there was over 1200 + players.

some saying you need to spend a lot of plats to play there = false no one is forcing you to pay high prices in bazaar , if using a tank merc or caster they are so overpowered at low level that you don't really need armors and they will come as you kill mobs.

***FV common tongue is elvish ( take about 10+ to max at 100 ) not a big issue there.

***full time 50 % xp rate ( you level 50 % faster than other live servers.)

@ the only downside I can see in FV , is once you are there you can't server transfer , but most who play there like it so much that they don't want to leave anyway.

*** many helpful players in FV , if you are in need to have some help with .

-----that let me think , more lag seem to hit FV lately , I am wondering how many players a server can handle without having some lag issues.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think any one Live server is going to have more low level toons then any other. And I would hesitate to take opinions of any of us who are not actively playing low level mains.
  4. Khaliss Augur

FV will always be the place to be for a Live server (all player levels, from fresh starters to 110) =)
  5. Hexsim New Member

I mean this sounds great, but joining FV would I have to start Roleplaying or what? Is it frowned upon if people don't or? I'm not saying that I wouldn't but it's really something I do in games tbh.. I did check out the low level population though, and it does seem massive in comparison to others, even Vox

Honestly just seeing tons of people around makes me very nostalgic in this game.. having options of players to group with or help out/vice versa at most levels and areas is very much what I'd prefer.. even if it means more camps are taken.

Seriously considering FV.. but are the rules that are different on this server other than the roleplaying thing? like transferring to and from it? or heroic characters and the such.. if i do decide to resub and fully commit to this game again?

Likewise.. anyone able to tell me if are there different rules for any of the other 'standard' (non-progressive) servers? For instance I know zek is the pvp server, and one of them (can't remember which) is "free trade" not even sure what that means.. but are there different rules or like exp gains or anything like that for normal servers otherwise? Or are standard servers all exactly the same, aside from population?
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No one really roleplays any more even on the FV server. They just play the game same as any server.
  7. Captain Video Augur

Gloomingdeep population will be very random on any server. Experienced players who roll new alts will often skip the tutorial zone outright, and power-level in their personal favorite low-level zones. 15 PCs in Gloomingdeep on any server is quite rare, dunno what was going on there. Conventional wisdom is that Vox is the second-lowest populated live server behind Trakanon.

As already answered by others, FV is really the only choice among the live servers to find significant low-level population for groups, and just ignore the RP tag unless you want to join an RP-friendly guild there. Everything else is top-heavy (85+). In addition to the XP bonus, FV is a "free trade" server, which means lots of things which are flagged "no trade" on other servers (which forces you to quest/kill/raid to get them) can be traded or sold freely on FV. It is a time-saving device among cooperative players, but spoils the heart of the game for some. There is a second server, Brekt, with the same rules as FV, but is much lower population due to apparent lack of demand. All other live servers are following the standard ruleset as it exists today.