LoN...a Plea to Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fastboy21, Jun 25, 2016.

1. fastboy21 Augur

Hello,

I'm asking that Devs please devote some time to putting the LoN items in game that don't actually break anything. I realize that this is WORK for you and that it is difficult to sort out which items can go in and can't, but I can't emphasize how much fun these items for many of us.

Illusions. Non-Stat/Ability illusions should go in. There are out of era illusion pots in the game already; market items that illusion pets; familiars; etc. These are the number one plea I'm asking for...they are just good fun.

The weapon ornaments and nimbus items that have no stats can go in. Again, they are just good fun. There are comparable items in the market as well.

I realize this is tough for devs to do...but I feel it is a reasonable request given that TLP players are paying members of EQ and many of us are your oldest customers.

I've spent money over the years on LoN. These items were part of EQ for me. They were permitted on past EQ progression servers...and did nothing other than add to the fun factor. Obviously, there are some items that shouldn't be in yet: mounts, stat illusions, etc.

I realize this is hard work for someone to do out there, but I can't but feel slighted when I think that the only reason these items are excluded is that the devs don't find my particular issue to be meaningful.

I truly appreciate any time or energy that you all put into making this game the most fun as possible.

Thanks for reading. :)
  2. Aenoan Augur

They are adding the items to the marketplace, it's already been said.
  3. fastboy21 Augur

It really has not been said.

Yes, they said expect to find stuff in the marketplace. What does that mean? Its a pretty vague answer...and it says nothing about what will be made available to the TLP servers.
  4. Aenoan Augur

Well most of it will not be available on TLPs but yes the common sense answer is they are gonna add everything to marketplace so they can yield some kinda income from it. They would definitely NOT add items to any loot tables.
    Most of those items are way to op for TLP. Most of the Ornaments for example that I own actually have procs or stats attach'd to then, and all of the illusions are stat base that I've seen.
    DBG as a bottomline needs to get cash flowing again beyond subs since Krono won't really do that. So using things like Visage of Farfathom (#yaygoblin) to slap a hefty price tag to it, is a good way to do that. IMO something they shoulda done sooner instead of LoN.
  5. Ducreux Augur

I wish I could at least claim my SOE Live non-combat related items. :(
  6. Jaime Lannister Augur

I feel like Stat-less illusions filling up the TLP marketplace is a huge untapped market. So many people would buy them, why not?
  7. Tinytinker Augur

I hope that LON stuff doesn't appear on progression servers. I really don't want to see people or pets running around as monsters from later expansions. It would break the feel of immersion for me.
  8. Jaime Lannister Augur

Too late. They've been able to run around as monsters from stuff not currently in game since these servers opened.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I would guess because it may infringe on "class defining" things for enchanters and bards and rogues.

Granted on Live servers over time that "class defining" became more and more irrelevant over time. But I think on TLP, at least early on, those who play those three classes may want to keep a stranglehold on illusions for now...
  10. Jaime Lannister Augur

You can already buy clarity potions and stuff though! =p
  11. fastboy21 Augur

I can understand this...but that cat is already out of the bag with what has already been put out.

Leaving the LoN stuff out just blocks LoN people from doing what folks are already doing. This is the frustration that I have with LoN being excluded: It is totally inconsistent with the other "fun" things that have been permitted.
  12. Risiko Augur

Interesting tidbit of info here. Devs don't get to make decisions like the OP asked for. Devs do what their bosses tell them to do.

I always laugh when I see these posts asking Devs to do something. You people do realize it is a company and the Devs are employees that have bosses who have bosses who have bosses. Their bosses' bosses have these things you might have heard of called plans that get set and approved before the year even starts. They don't sit around just doing stuff that comes up for the hell of it every day.
  13. fastboy21 Augur

I had a previous conversation with a dev about it, both at a fanfaire on vulak and by PMs here on the server. It most certainly seems to me from those interactions that they have a great deal of ability to influence what is implemented on TLP; as far as marketplace goes, that you are probably right about.

It also seems to me that with the current changes and attention being given to the marketplace and LoN with it closing that this would be a good time to remind the Devs to bring it up, if they weren't thinking about it already.

People who think EQ/DBG are some massive corporation with an unnavigable bureaucracy. Over the years, I've gotten to have good interactions with many devs and EQ employees at many games as they have come and gone from working on EQ. The devs do have a great deal of control on what they prioritize, and they do get ideas from their players.

In any case, the bottom line is that its a reasonable request from a reasonable and long time paying customer. It doesn't seem laughable to me.