Login server down??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Dec 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I don't want to get into it further than this but: we're staffed, we're sorry, mistakes happen.
    Kalvenie, Fanra and Thunderkiks like this.
  2. Malbro Augur

Now if only they can figured out why people are getting dumped to the desktop going from character select to the world on beta....
  3. hiallya New Member

Software has bugs. Including event alert software. Stuff happens, sadface it was a sunday
  4. zleski Augur

#hugops yo. Running complex software requires complex skills, and sometimes complex systems fail in novel ways. Be kind, there are humans running the game we all love and none of them want downtime (seriously, your want to have your weekend not interrupted by a swarm of alerts, demanding your attention).
  5. Herf Augur

Properly tested software doesn't have this kind of bugs.

Sadly the fact that "glitches" have replaced the term "bugs", and "issues" replaced "problems", tells us that software quality is now akin to fruit and vegetable quality.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. zleski Augur

You are employing the No True Scotsman logical fallacy here. (To say nothing of a misunderstanding of testing practices and the economics around testing and but hunting.)
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

That is an interesting statement. It makes me want to look under the "hood" even more.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I may have to reassess that position given new information.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.