Lockjaw is an Opportunity for the Community

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paydro, May 26, 2015.

1. Paydro Journeyman

Lockjaw is being released with the same ruleset as Ragefire. If we've seen anything, once a course of action has been decided upon, that is what goes forward. That doesn't stop the community from deciding the fate of the server.

Imagine if everybody who was interested in a locked server moved to Ragefire. When the time to vote to unlock came around, I would imagine that if the population consisted mainly of these players, the votes would fail, and the server would stay in whatever era that server's community decides it will.

What do you think? Is there a chance that the community can work together towards this kind of goal, actually creating different environments for people with different goals and playstyles?
  2. Diemond Augur

It is a good idea, I myself always vote no for any unlock and have every time. The problem with it is when it comes time to merge the servers.
  3. Ishbu Augur

No, because the community is being cut in more than half now.

Instancing of more zones spreads people out even more than a second server does. You can already go get whatever camp you want in Gfay, commonlands, etc. Now they are doing that to more and mroe zones. That kills any chance at a big community banding together for anything because all it does is encourage people to play solo quest.
  4. Tronk Augur

That was the issue with Fippy/Vulak. They should have made one focused on one type of player (ie raider), and the other for another group (casuals). Then the voting isn't constantly a point of contention.

One is slow progress, one is fast. Sure, you can make a rule, but the problem is that voting No to an expansion opening means you just get another immediate vote ... until you say yes. There is no sense that the vote did anything but delay by a short amount.

The votes become an irritant, and eventually are successful.

That's why DBG should set a clear direction for each server.
  5. Aiona Augur

I would be all for locking down a server some time after PoP, and I would like it especially if it ultimately ended up permanently locked somewhere between Gates of Discord and Prophecy of Ro.

Edit: but wait, let's not get ahead of ourselves here - I was REALLY hoping that both servers would have the exact same progression schedule and would ultimately end up merging when populations got low.
  6. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Not merging them is my only concern. But I'm not that concerned about it at this point, honestly. Cross that bridge then, I guess.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Could you imagine if the members of TL decided to also create a guild on this server, kill Nagafen in two days, and then just jump back and forth between servers holding down all the dragons and 3-7 day named spawns?

The threads that would be created would be beyond amazing...
    code-zero, Synisca and Kasuka like this.
  8. Diemond Augur

Although that hasn't been done yet on either of the prior TLPs it is not out of the realm of possibility.
  9. MaestroM Augur

I would probably rage if I even played lol.

I made a post a while back that would deal with this kind of issue (within a server anyways).

Simultaneous spawning of all raid targets across all expansions. Find out the average spawn timer of raid targets and force all raid targets on that linked schedule.

Forces guilds to prioritize targets and only hit the one or two top targets, leaving the rest to other players. Requires zero GM interaction or instancing.
  10. Kasuka Lorekeeper

If any guild was ever arrogant enough to try this, TL would be it.
  11. Paydro Journeyman

If TL decides to try to dominate both servers, and is successful, then that says a lot about the other 3800+ people playing.
  12. Diemond Augur

I agree.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ya they have an actual life and aren't trying to compete in a 15+ year old video game.
    Indrigoth and Kasuka like this.
  14. Banuvan Augur

I have no desire to rush to raid. Will I raid? Absolutely. Would I like to enjoy leveling up again? Absolutely. Time with friends is awesome
  15. Potsos76 Augur

No, you can't. Every leveling zone is INUNDATED and any reasonably good camp is taken on every copy of the zone.
    Kasuka likes this.
  16. Paydro Journeyman

I just find it hard to believe that nobody will try to contest TL on what will essentially be their backup server. They'll probably get plenty of kills, but how much effort will they put in if/when they realize that there is a guild based on Lockjaw that is showing up with a full raid, while their alt crew is trying to do it with 2-3 groups, while still being contested on Ragefire, their primary server?
  17. Tamier Augur

Actually they have 5k on Ragefire, and 1-2k waiting on queues. Thats a bare minimum of 6-7k wanting these servers, if they were all trying to logon at the same time. Thats still 3-3.5k per server. Fippy and Vulak did not have 3-3.5k per server. We have alot more people to work with this time. Lets hope for the best. Hopefully once they see (or when it becomes irrelevant), they will stop higher instancing if people are too spread out. I'm hoping for the best.
  18. Banuvan Augur

If they want to do that fine. I'm not wasting money on xp pots or forming "raid groups" of all casters. If others want to do that cool. Just not my style and basing on the population not many people's style of how they want to play.

Effort is a personal thing. If TL are the only ones willing to put in that effort more power to them. Looking at what is actually being used to kill the bosses doesn't seem like much of a raid to me. It seems more like abusing mechanics that are in the game.

Again, if they feel like doing that awesome. I applaud them for putting forth that much effort. It's not for me or my guildies though.
  19. Ducreux Augur

Hate to break it to ya buddy, but 6 months of Classic means we have a ton of free time with nothing better to do than just that.
  20. Jezzie Augur

What's the word Jain?
    Will TL lock down both servers and compete for anything of value on the second server?

They are fully capable of doing so and I seriously doubt that anybody could or would want to compete for everything of interest on the 2nd server?
    It will just be a smaller population with 1 dominating guild dictating everything on the server, sound familiar? Will TL leave a server for the casuals or do we hang it up now?