LDoN Could Really Use a Revamp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vedian, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Kharth New Member

I mentioned this in the past but I wish LDoN came before PoP, maybe even with Luclin, provided the raids & some of the rewards were unavailable. It would be relevant much longer and people might actually look forward to it rather than resent it. The odds of this ever happening are 0%, but it is fun to dream about what ifs.
  2. Machen New Member

So first off, unless you are raiding time with way less than a full raid, your time force can't just move into ldon as the time cap is 72 and ldon is 54.

Considerable: I don't think you can do the hardest ldons with just half the toons it would take to do the hardest time raids. I'd probably put the number closer to 2/3, which to me is considerably easier. What I do think, is that the mechanics of the more difficult ldon fights are far more trivial/easy than the more difficult time fights. Cursed Keeper is far easier than say, keeping tanks up on Tallon Zek. Pretty much our instruction for that fight is, "don't stand in the wild ramp." Heal a lot, rez people who die, and it's an easy win. This last run through on Rizlona, for the most part we had to pay attention to some of the harder time fights and set things up right, even after farming time for five months twice a week. If we didn't, we'd have the occasional partial wipe/reset, even with a full 72 man raid (although I think the same issues would be at play with a much smaller raid--still need to remove debuffs on Tallon tank for instance and position the mob right.)

For ldon's, we zerged it all, with much smaller numbers than we brought to time (because a lot of our members didn't enjoy ldon and just didn't want to come to those raids, which is fine.) We paid almost no attention to any of the mechanics, and I think the only time we ever were in danger of wiping was our 2nd run at Cursed Keeper when we gave no instructions and most of our healers stood too close and ate the wild ramp and died. I literally have no idea why you consider Sunken Library difficult. We did it once, told our raid throughout "ok go kill the next mob, he's going to do some stuff, maybe cast some spells or ae ramp, we don't know..." and had no issues. I will say the loot in Sunken Library is bad enough that no guild that can clear time should do it more than once. But a lot of the easier ldon raids were designed specifically for guilds that weren't in time yet, which is fine. No different than the LoY raids, and no need to revamp.

I'm not really excited by the thought of doing either time or ldon with minimal numbers in era. That sounds like a slog to me in either case, and not much fun, until we advance to the point where I can box it myself for augs I missed in era. So I have no idea what the difference in minimal # is. I do know that in Gates, I can already box some of the ldon raids, but I can't beat P1 in time on my own. One P1 trial sure, but not all 5 in an hour to get to P2.
  3. Machen New Member

I don't think it would be very popular unless they significantly upped the xp rate as well. I recently leveled a group of alts through ldon's, because I wanted the wins for the aug -- figured I'd need to run 366 ldons eventually , I might as well level while doing some of it. I'd estimate we were getting xp at about a third or at best half the rate we would have gotten in non-ldon zones, and that was running hards all the way up so that the mobs were yellow/red most of the time. It would have been far more efficient to just level in open world, but then those toons would have 50 less ldon wins.
  4. Xeris Augur

Read your earlier post, lol... You SAID that Ritualist and Sunken Library were on par with/harder than anything in Time. This is what you said, and you're wrong. The final boss in Ritualist isn't hard.

1) Weaponshield pull with ranger
    2) Tank picks it up with furious, then defensive
    3) Melee burn discs
    4) At 50%, or 45% if you wanna be bolder, all melee stop attack and range DPS only... Ton pos/arrows/whatever.
    5) boss dies

It's so f'ing easy. If your melees wanna be ballsy, you can use whirlwind/counterattack or whatever appropriate disc to stay in melee range. Also if you're super on top of your game, you can stand outside the wild ramp hitbox and still melee him. Boss aoes are line of sight so no healers should ever get hit. You can prolly have everyone survive by popping 1 or 2 mgb celestials.

Sunken Library is also super easy... Healers can heal outside the range. You melee boss, raid dps switches to adds when they spawn... Chanter can help mezz so DPS can focus. When adds die switch back to boss. Rinse and repeat. The last set of adds there like 10 or whatever, can be kinda a lot, but they're not hard and they are cc'able. I'm not sure why you think this raid is hard.
  5. Xeris Augur

There u go. C how ez Ritualist is.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I tried to watch it, but your UI bothers me too much. Why is it so unbalanced? Why is there a random chat window at the top left? Why are there so many chat windows?

Why do you keep the actual useful information to the far right (Self HP/Mana/End, Target Window)? The extended target window is way out on the left hand of the screen, why?

I’m more triggered than a lit firecracker.
    Catalina likes this.
  7. FrozenWater Augur

Either is fine I guess, but a lot is already going on in PoP so I hesitated. It would be fair to argue that PoP deserves to stand on its own too.

I guess my main suggestion is that LDoN should not be a stand alone release. The content is fine, but it is so spectacularly unremarkable as an "expansion" it just needs to be blended in somewhere else along the line. All IMO of course, I know there are some die hard LDoN weirdos out there :)
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Xeris Augur

cuz that's how I like it ;p
  9. Iyacc Augur

I actually meant to put PoP, not Gates.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  10. Sythrak20 Elder

None of the encounters in ldon raids are difficult. Most can be cheesed in some form or another with 4 groups or less. I think with that many the longest raid was Vale at a little over a hour in era. There's alot of minis in there you can pull out of the rooms with cleric summoned hammers through the walls. The rest were like 30-45 minutes to complete.

Takish you can have a knight kite the 4 minis around and just pick them off you don't need multiple tanks. You can do the same with the Vale boss and minis.

Prison break pull the 3 minis to the zone in with a bard to avoid clearing any trash/goblin adds. Have a rogue pick the chests after. You can also kite the shaman/warden at the end and pick one off but its not really needed even with a small group. You can DA train to the 4 way fairly easily and save time clearing all the garbage inbetween.

Ritualist 2 rangers can kill the keeper trueshotting, or just range it entirely.

The only downside to doing these raids is you often get complete garbage augs no one wants. This could be mitigated by having a raid currency like someone mentioned.
  11. Vedian Lorekeeper

That isn't what I said, but I already pointed that out. Maybe you misread it. I said those LDoNs are harder than pretty much anything in Time. I didn't say they were harder than everything in Time.

I also don't think any of the LDoNs are actually hard, but Time isn't hard either. They are comparable difficulty with basic mechanics and the difference is miniscule. If the difference in difficulty is from minimum numbers then they're still very close.

Which Time bosses require the melee to throw shurikens for half the fight to avoid getting two shot by wild ramp? Is TZ supposed to be difficult because the melee need to apply the most basic level of agro management? If anything, having a bigger raid just leaves you open to more people causing problems, but it isn't the encounter mechanics that are making it significantly more difficult.

How is the 10-spawn of adds in Sunken Library not on par with the 3-4 adds from any wave in any fight in Time?

You're so busy arguing you haven't considered how ridiculous these claims are. The mechanics in Time are easy. If Time is any more difficult than the most difficult LDoNs it's by a meaningless amount.