Kronos

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Daragoth, May 28, 2015.

1. chris_the_mage Augur

/thread

my 50 necro is damn near naked, and having better gear would barely make my life any easier. i am just killin seafuries for plat, and sellin the plat off for kronos.. also havin a 47 druid who i sell PLs on does not hurt either. ontop of that selling research spells

life is good.

PM me on forums if interested in purchasing a research spell, a powerlevel, or interested in selling krono :)
  2. Groans Augur

Classic loot was about skill and luck.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Liquid Augur

Thanks! Seen someone in Auction channel wanting to see the multquest for the Jboots for 6 Kronos..I'm not sure I would trust someone with that much money on the line for a multiquest...
  4. Hendar2 Augur

I wouldn't pay that much. I assume the is just them trading you the Ring of the Ancients and maybe the shadowed rapier for kronos. This would be a 100% safe transaction. I suppose they could offer to chase Hasten down for you, but that isn't the hard part of the quest.
  5. chris_the_mage Augur

ring of the ancients is no drop
  6. Lilrod Journeyman

cause most these man children that play eq are jobless & need krono to play,plat is easy to get...kronos arent
  7. chris_the_mage Augur

[IMG]
  8. Numiko Augur

They also go from game to game, using a Krono gives you a month of all access which is good for any game daybreak makes.

You can also sell Krono on third party sites for $8-10 US each. This has been a problem on FV server were everything is tradable and people sell high end raid gear for 10 or more Krono for each item.. . stripping an entire raid equiped character can net you almost $2,000 US cash.
  9. Ducreux Augur

I have items and I have plat, but I want kronos. Newbies have kronos, but want plat and items.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. I wish they HAD disabled the trading of krono on this server for a period of time to allow the economy to stablize but they didn't so here we are.
  10. Khale Journeyman

Are Kronos actually a physical item you can trade in game? Or, do you have to trust that someone would send you the Krono? I can't imagine ever trusting someone like this, especially with a multi-quest item.

Just curious as I have never traded real money for in game items before and don't have a clue how it works.
  11. Ducreux Augur

It's a physical item. Once you buy them from the marketplace they are delivered straight to your character in a few minutes to a few hours. They then show up in your inventory as a form of currency similar to Plat/Gold in that you can pick them up and trade them with people or you can "consume" them to add 30 days of gametime to your account.
  12. Khale Journeyman

Wow, so is that "officially" permitted by DBG?
  13. Manian Vineheart Lorekeeper

What I don't get is why they don't lower the price of Krono. it's $18 (plus tax?) for 1 through their website, but you can buy them cheaper through a third party. I guess they are getting a lot of people to buy them legitimately.
  14. Ephyr Lorekeeper

Someone had to buy that krono for 18$ from DB first. They don't just materialize or drop. So regardless if someone is reselling for 8-10$ or not it originated first at DBGs price.
  15. Kunon Augur

Yes, they are created and sold by DBG. It provides a legal way for people to buy plat or other items in which DBG gets the money instead of RMTers. Largely seen as a win/win, see below.

While you may find a Krono for less on another site, for any Krono to exist it had to first be bought from DBG for that $18 so they have made their money. Some people have tons of plat and no use for game items or play time so they prefer hard cash. It could be RMTers or it could be people who have slowly built up mountains of plat from legitimate game play over the years. Regardless, there is always the specter of getting banned if they track it down which discourages third party site purchases. In some ways those sites also encourage additional legitimate purchases since the Krono's on said third party sites are largely out of play (horded off to the side unavailable) in game until someone buys them. That increases the value of already ingame/new DBG Kronos.
  16. moogs Augur

The price on 3rd party websites isn't cheaper because players are selling them legitimately. What happened was a bunch of Chinese farmers created throwaway accounts, bought a bunch of Kronos and moved them to a main account, and then did chargebacks on the payment source. The throwaway accounts would be banned and they would get free Kronos to convert to USD ($8 each). DBG doesn't make any money there. It's straight up theft.
  17. code-zero Augur

Let's trace the "life of a Kronos"

Player A buys 5 Kronos for $84.99 from Daybreak. He gives 2 to his kids for their accounts for the month, keeps 2 for later and sells one to a buyer in the bazaar for 600k plat.

Buyer takes all the Kronos he's purchased in and puts on a bazaar seller for one million plat each

Player A sells another Kronos for 700K plat to a different buyer who in turn takes it and all the rest that he's accumulated and sells them for real cash to a 3rd party. the 3rd party then sells them for real money with a mark up to players who can't afford the one million plat that they'd cost in the bazaar but still cheaper than what buying legitimate Kronos from DBG would cost
  18. Liquid Augur

MIND Blown..LoL!
    code-zero likes this.
  19. moogs Augur

A lot of these 3rd parties are not going to pay real money to purchase virtual goods when they are able to obtain them at no cost.
  20. Hendar2 Augur

How do you transfer a Krono from one game to another?