Krono's, are they safe to buy?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smokezz, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Please don't pollute this post with things related to today's account ban/unban, other than the question I'm asking here please...

Really need an official answer on whether or not it's safe to buy / trade for Krono IN GAME for plat/items. I'm not talking about buying them for real cash or any BS like that. I'm simply talking about buying them for plat, or trading them for items in game. Some people were banned today for buying a Krono from someone that had been acquired using a stolen credit card I would assume, then the card got charged back - and the person holding the actual Krono was punished.

This makes the entire Krono system very risky to use. So will we get in trouble, lose our accounts, etc if we happen to purchase or trade for a Krono that we have no way to verify it's legitimacy?
  2. Elricvonclief Augur

Valid question, especially if the person you're giving plat to does not know the history of said Krono.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  3. Rhodz Augur

Until someone finds out exactly what has happened no one can say for sure.
    People can assume things but they already did that and now this...

The mechanics are safe in game but I doubt that is what you are worried over.
  4. Viper1 Augur

assuming the illicit kronos were removed from the game at the same time as the ban sweep (which makes entirely too much sense so DGC probably did not do it this way), it's probably safe to assume that the remaining krono are clean. That said, this is DGC and you're probably already banned just for thinking about this.
    Gyurika Godofwar, rotor and Metanis like this.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

Where did DBG state that Kronos were of concern?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yimin like this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Nice non-constructive post. There were people banned for buying Krono IN GAME with plat because they were purchased with a card, and then were charged back. But you didn't read my post before you went on the attack.
    Lily, Raptorjesus5 and Elricvonclief like this.
  7. lancelove Augur

Pretty sure people are not getting banned for buying krono in game for platinum unless there is a link to the account selling them with a stolen credit card brainchild.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Iila Augur

Don't run the risk of buying a used Krono with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for Kronos with the KRONOFAX history that's right for you.

EACH KRONOFAX REPORT CHECKS FOR:

• Major Suspensions
    • Account Rollback
    • Multiple Owners
    • Structural Damage
    • Krono Service History
    • Lease, Personal, Reseller or TLP Use
    • Account Loss
    • Flood Damage
    • Salvaged
    • Hail spamming
    • Branded a Lemon
    • Last Reported Server
    • Junked
    • Daybreak Games Company Owned
    • Length of Ownership
    • Recall Information
    • Warranty Information
    Plus Petition, Inspection, and Registration History! Only $3.99 for one KRONOFAX report, $5.99 for five KRONOFAX reports, or $9.99 for UNLIMITED KRONOFAX reports.
  9. Kutsuu Augur

No, the mass ban also hit people who had simply bought "bad" Kronos in game for plat and items.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I read the big thread, I talked to a few people in game and a couple people did. Why do you feel the need to personally attack anyway?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  11. Vdidar Augur

I have a feeling your being lied to about Krono. If they were banned it's because they used a Krono to obtain the code. I highly highly doubt anyone got banned from the Krono. I could be wrong but doubt it. That's why I always use kronofax before buying. It does cost a little extra but the peace of mind is more than worth it.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You know what, it's possible people were making it up to cover their expansion purchases. That's why I'd like to hear from a Daybreak employee about it. That's all. Not a huge thing to ask imo.
  13. Riou EQResource

Charge Backed Krono likely just get poofed from your account at worst, there is no way they ban for it since they are intended to be traded and stuff (TBM keys were likely not meant to be gifted since they didn't sell gift options themselves, Daybreak is still newb at Steam so they probably overlook this kind of thing).

They also do CC/account checks when you buy them (which is why they take 24-48 hrs for first time buyers) to fight people who would use stolen CC's and stuff to fraud.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I got corrected on that a while back, Daybreak themselves had the option to Gift TBM to people for a while. It's gone now though.
  15. Iila Augur

I think they stopped the gift expansion option after a bunch of people got banned after getting codes from someone who did a mass chargeback.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Vdidar and Riou like this.
  16. Riou EQResource

Yea, didn't they during beta then quit it after? And still never brought it back, not sure, but that also shows they don't want it gifted I suppose.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's been gone for a long time now, they never said why. Just poof..
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Krono are safe. They are solely bought from DBG, so only the account who originally bought them would be punished.
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

Hmmm, you sound like a plat seller who got sand in his panties.

Take a Midol.
    Warpeace likes this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This, ingame krono's are safe.