It has begun.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Diemond, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Gregolo Augur

You are correct. If you show up at the doorstep of a mob we want, we will DPS race you. And we won't feel bad about it. Just in the same way we wouldn't feel bad if you did it to us. That's just the current EQ raiding meta. It's not bad, it's just different.

You have some options, how did Rosengard take Inny from us? How is RoI being close to taking other targets from us? It's because they work as a team and make attempts. I fully suspect that RoI is going to start scoring the odd kill from us. Alliances would be no different.
  2. Qulas Augur

We were not planning on socking naggy. We only moved there because you guys already were there.

" Well CT is down, maybe the people socking naggy will leave "

Is not a thought that crossed our mind.
  3. Gregolo Augur

I believe you, but I think it boils down to a "We thought they thought" sort of deal. Honestly it just appears to be a case of both of our guilds not knowing the intent of the other guild. We seriously had TS chatter about calling off the sock, then didn't. That says something I think.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Don't tell that Sabbon guy this, he thinks distributing loot is part of those incredible skills required to dominate this content :rolleyes:
  5. Ootax Augur

Ahh the who socked vs who socked argument. I remember the good ole days when the socker and sockee where clearly defined!
    Finwen likes this.
  6. ngs1 Augur

Your raid was set up within range of the entire graveyard respawning on you. Not only that, but half of you looked to be AFK. The spot you were set up in was both stupid if you wanted to get CT and stupid if you knew the entire zone was going to respawn.
  7. Fallfyres Augur

-----------
    Vlerg I totally hear what you are saying. I guess it bothers some players because they do want to spend over a year in original and Kunark, and they don't want to spend that time with zero raid challenges.
  8. Naelbis Elder

that fact that you don't think this is BAD for the game means there is no common ground to be found. DPS racing is BAD, camp jumping is BAD...there is a reason those rules came about in the first place and nothing I have seen from any current raid guild leads me to believe that the current rules are better...quite the opposite actually. That behavior is toxic and always has been...for everyone except the griefers and trolls. No wonder all the previous progression servers are a ghost town...
    Barton likes this.
  9. Ootax Augur

That has nothing do with the previous progression servers. They just simply die out over time. The first set did with combine/sleeper, now fippy/vulak and i'd imagine even these will suffer the same fate years from now.
  10. Smallpox Augur

I am honestly surprised that Roshen or RadarX has not locked this thread yet.

BRB.... grabbing more popcorn.
    Finwen likes this.
  11. Gregolo Augur

Don't get me wrong, I don't think DPS racing is good for the game. But DPS racing is definitely IN the game, so until it's not, I won't feel bad about it. Make sense? Hate the game don't hate the player sort of deal.

I don't have the ethical fortitude (only when it comes to raiding) to lose out on gear, in a game about gear, because I may potentially hurt someone's feelings for 10 minutes. Especially when RoI would just take our place.

You know what I don't think is good either? 30 hour socking. And DPS racing stops me from needing to do that. I'll take that trade any day of the week.

Instancing is a solution, but pretty much can't be implemented without trivializing the entire game (with some exceptions). So, I dunno what you want from me/us/etc...
  12. Naelbis Elder

I want you guys to act like grown ups and stop rationalizing bad behavior. But that won't happen...DBG threw PnP out the window and now the biggest stick wins..and immature selfish get to act like children at other's expense. in a game where every paying customer has the right to expect to enjoy the content without griefing, that is the best way to end you game/money stream.
    Barton likes this.
  13. Riley Augur

Yeah, pretty sure the wiping process was mostly caused by the 2 phobos that were in our camp as opposed to the malicious or stupid puller from an opposing guild running half the zone into us while trying to pull a named.

That seems way more super likely. Phobos are hard. They've got all those gelatinous parts, and skeletons floating in them. They're pretty scary.
  14. Jamz Augur

Well he has a point, it was set up in a stupid spot. Also when you're sitting in the middle of fear when it resets, claiming you were trained is about the dumbest thing you can do.
  15. Riley Augur

Maybe that puller just sort of fell over and tripped in the middle of our camp. That terrain is pretty tricky.
  16. Gregolo Augur

What's different between you and I? What enables me to see and clear content, but not you? Let's pretend we're both 50 for this arguments sake so you don't pull out that extremely tired "I don't play 24/7" line.

I know the answer, lets see if you get it.
  17. Gregolo Augur

You were in the middle of fear during a respawn. I... don't know how else to describe it.
  18. Riley Augur

About 50 Xenantiks, 25 Jabobers, and a harmtouch in a pear tree.
  19. Gregolo Augur

LOL I like you.

Don't forget the Goners! They're the ones we use for death touches.
  20. Naelbis Elder

Im not willing to skip half the game to put 5 mobs on permanent lockdown? Or act like a complete to keep it that way when someone else shows up?