Is GoT affecting your raiding guild?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Lilura Augur

There has been an amusing discussion in guild chat for the last two Sundays. Our GL has noted a significant decline in attendance since GoT restarted, to the point it is impacting turnout. So I was wondering if this is happening elsewhere.
  2. Maedhros High King

A few stealth afk perhaps.
    Don't forget, NFL season starts in just a few short months to further complicate Sunday raiding!
    Axxius and feeltheburn like this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Good thing Sex and the City no longer runs prime time, that really put a damper on the raid schedule.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

Meh it's all about what is important to the individual.

If they don't want to record it and watch it after raids or the next day, they will log at Got start time.

We had 54+ all night last night. NFL is far more important to me but that's my opinion.
    Reht and feeltheburn like this.
  5. feeltheburn Augur

true story!!!!
  6. Sagarmatha Augur

We have moved our weekly Sunday raid to Saturday for seven weeks due to Game of Thrones. Also, guildchat gets totally DESTROYED on the following Monday. Not that it's a bad thing, a show like Game of Thrones only comes around once in a great while.
    Diocletian likes this.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Between DVR and HBONow it shouldn't be a problem, you can easily watch at after raids end on Sundays!!
    Maedhros likes this.
  8. mackal Augur

Really this should be something discussed by the raid. If people want to move it, move it, if everyone wants to not move it, DVR it :p
  9. Naugrin Augur

Spoilers in guild chat is a big no no for us as a large number of us record it and watch it after raids lol.
  10. Millianna Augur

Best raid days are Tuesday through Thursday. Unless all your players are continental US. Sunday just doesn't work otherwise. Saturdays work ok if you're not addicted to anime. There are several titles that I watch and will not play as I am watching.
  11. Cleaver Augur

GOT > all and if people try to spoil whats happening when raiding just mute guild chat ;)

They don't let me do stuff anymore though :( One too many MOTD saying mages suck I guess.
  12. Jyve Augur

Eurovision Song contest was always a raid night destroyer for us. Especially over voice chat.
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, that's what it was...;)
  14. Diocletian New Member

The chat is dark and full of spoilers...