Internet Connection Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cornelius, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Cornelius New Member

Hey Everyone!

So I am in the group where I played before, played private servers, and am now coming back (or plan to at least!) I have one concern however.

I am volunteering in Armenia (lived in the States) and have a fairly slow internet connection. Windows says the connection I get 14mbs, but I find it hard to believe (when I download things, it seems more like 50kbs). I am download the client now (although it will take a couple of days, 8gb takes a while), and was hoping the sluggish internet wouldn't disallow me to play.

I know it isn't optimal, but could I run EQ on 50 KBS internet connection? I know I would probably have to stay out of the populated zones. I have played Path of Exiles no problem.

Cheers, see you on the field! (hopefully)
  2. Riou EQResource

EQ can still pretty much be run on 56k dial up (a few things in game are rough with that though), so long as you go > that you should be ok
  3. Cornelius New Member

Shaweeeeet -- Thanks for the quick response Riou!
  4. Cornelius New Member

Another noob question - So I "signed" in, instead of creating an account. This obviously means that my previous account, the one with my characters, is being used (currently) by me. Right?

I don't mind starting fresh, but if I could see what I have still standing and maybe swap some gear, that'd be great!
  5. Borek-VS Augur

Yes, your old account should still exist, with characters (over level 10). It's better to use that, as your account will automatically be Silver, receive Loyalty crowns and be eligible for veteran rewards that may have accumulated.
  6. Cornelius New Member

Thanks Borek, I have been reading through a lot of the posts and you have been most helpful to everyone!!
    Borek-VS likes this.
  7. Borek-VS Augur

Thanks!
  8. Lighteningrod Augur

EQ gameplay is much, much smoother than Path of Lag, even on domestic broadband. It may take a few minutes for you to zone, but once the zone is loaded you shouldn't have any problem.
  9. Quatr Augur

Don't trust Borek! He only does it to worm his way into your confidence and steal your Iron Rations! :mad: