International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Ahoy Norrathians,

Avast ye, batten down the hatches and let’s sing a few chanteys! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is here, and our Shadiest Swashbuckler Marcia Attamilgad has gotten restless! She's movin' around more often, and she's got some extra loot in her packs, long as ye don’t be askin’ where she be gettin' it.

You can find the old seadog Marcia trolling around, she will be easily recognizable as she’s still on her sea legs from the last time Jolly Roger was hoisted!

Break open the coffers, grab your Nobles, and help Marcia take some weight off! Marcia is not one to be hornswoggled, so if you need more gold, cleave a few mobs to their brisket and steal it!

Grab what you want from Marcia before she weighs anchor and hoists the mizzen once again, for the items she has will not be around long, ya savvy?

The Shadiest Swashbuckler, Marcia, can be found with her Pirate Day wares roaming about Norrath from September 19, 2023, beginning at midnight and ending at 11:00pm PDT!
    Skuz, Rondor, Silvena and 1 other person like this.
  2. Herf Augur

Is this happening on Agnarr?
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

She sells 1 item, and once that one item is sold, she vanishes right?([per server)
  4. Herf Augur

So we have to buy stuff, on a server we're already paying to be on?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Marcia can sell more than one item at a time. She can also have multiples of each item.

direct quote from Roshen (years ago):

"Some days she'll only have one item. Some days she should have more. She is set up in a way to sell a certain VALUE of items per day. Some days that value will only allow for one item."

She will also buy stuff from you but that was changed recently to where she is not offering squat.

And with this special time she spawned once with 3 items on her and just a couple hours later with different items.

Also the items are supposed to be special and no longer available like the pre nerf circlet but so far she's bombed on offering anything good.
  6. Herf Augur

"Some" or in this case, "one" day :(
  7. Kalipto Augur

lol, grow up dude.
  8. Bitten Journeyman

Yes! That is definitely the way you want to think about this. Also, why are all these people in the Bazaar charging for items? And, IRL, the supermarket expects us to show up and give them money? Wow, okay Boomer.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Boomer? Try Gen X and that crud. Boomer here and I not only happily pay for what I want but also charge other folks a fair price for what I sell. Anyway, there are those who foolishly think all should be free. They are wrong.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

11. Toukan Augur

With that build-up, I gotta say, I was expecting more when I found Marcia. Her inventory was truly disappointing.
    Herf likes this.
  12. Rondor Augur

I checked out Marcia on that day last week on the Povar server, roughly 2 hours after the Talk like a Pirate Day activity started on September 19.

Her stock seemed to be similar to how it was when the latest "new batch of extra items" were introduced to Marcia a few years ago, notably when she was carrying 4 different kinds of items at a time (instead of one type of item at a time), with each item at roughly the same "max-value-per-day" price as usual. I didn't get a chance to see how quickly she rotated her zone/stock on September 19, but presumably she moved around and refreshed her stock more often than the "approximately once a day" that she normally does.

On that day last week, I managed to score an Earring of Living Slime that I had long been on the lookout for from Marcia but which I paused seeking for a few years, so that was good to get it.