Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Fendy Augur

I didn't make any of the suggested dns setting changes and I've been able to get in game since last nite. I don't know if the DNS server resets are regional or what. No idea why some folks can get in and others can't.
  2. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

Read this and laughed my assassin off!! So true and so comical.
  3. Agrippa Augur

I've been able to get in fine mostly. My wife, who uses the same modem and ISP as I do, was able to log in yesterday, but not today.
  4. Maglor New Member

I am still unable to log in, even though most people supposedly can. Also, the website is still gone.
  5. Moak The Most High

Ok its now going on 36 hours and I've seen no changes to the response when I try to log in. I see where someone posted that they are given everyone two extra days on their accounts. What are they smoking to think that will make up for the downtime? If this was something like a lightning strike I could understand what happened and deal with it better. I have four accounts that I pay good money to play and have been playing since 1999. When they have downtime like this I missed days that I could have played and with my schedule I am not guaranteed that I can play two extra days over the space of a week- much less a billing cycle. I would expect something along the line of 48 hour double xp potions or some other type of remedy to put me where I would be but for their screwup in not paying their bill. This is assuming that I will be able to log on tomorrow which I am now seriously doubting. This is an issue of them causing me to miss time that I have available to play that I paid for. Giving me more time that I have to find to play does noit make up for that whatsoever.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  6. Bubblegump New Member

Still unable to log in ....sighs. I'm starting to get the shakes from not being able have my avatars die daily. I neeeeeeeed my fix!
  7. Hatefury New Member

AGGG so to make sure its not me but when i cant log in its saying i don't have internet but that's not the case that's the message you guys are getting right?
  8. Regkosh New Member

People need to take a chill pill. I just find the whole thing funny. It has happened to other sites in the past, and it will happen again. At least in this case SOE didn't have to try and negotiate with someone who snatched the domain out from under them. All things on the Internet are not *instant*, and this is one of those cases. Plenty of previous posters showed how to be able to access the game if you were in such dire need. You just need to redirect your DNS requests to a server that has the correct information.

I'll be happy with an extra double xp weekend or something. Back in the day, they used to do multiple patches per week, with hours and hours of downtime! Deal with it!
  9. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I'm not sure if it's mentioned in all those "Change your DNS settings" posts, but today PC's and laptops usually have multiple network adapters (e.g. 1x or 2x LAN plus WLAN). Which gives you additional two options you have to care of:
    1. Change the DNS settings for EACH adapter - they handle IP's and DNS settings individually.
    2. Turn all adapters off except the one you use and change only its DNS settings.
  10. crazy New Member

any news on what sony goin to do for us for screwen this up cause I spend my hard earned money to have this are they crazy
  11. Wyldmn New Member

Its approaching the 48 hour mark since Sony lost its domain and still cant log into EQ. Anyone know what time Sony "resolved" the issue? The initial posting was around 10 am.
  12. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Sony got their domains already back two days ago and lots of ppl around the world are able to log into Everquest again. If you still can't login, either your PC, your router or your ISP still uses old / outdated DNS entries, preventing you from connecting to SOE games.

If anyone missed this - SOE gives subscribers two days compensation to their account.
  13. Grove Augur

Report: In attempting to log in, the patcher did a big download. It seems that the Wednesday information came through well. But in trying to get to game, I get the message "Error -- A timeout occurred" and my password slot is empty. I fill that in again and the same message pops up. REPEAT as often as I am willing to do this. Note: I did not, nor will I, attempt to use any of the back-door codes for access. My server is Bristlebane, but the same thing happens if I choose a generic login to try another server.
  14. Vinney Augur

Looks like "FREE" per account Krono ttime.....Try to do right by your customers.... you can't seem to do anything else right?
  15. sheldonB New Member

Tried for 2 day to log in Kept getting a black page......Any attempt to log into any Sony web site took me to an unrelated site........MY emails never did get through even got an incorrect email address from one of the support pages.......................Darn glad that the site is back up
  16. Conco New Member

2 days out of game.... We need credit for the time out of game. As well as a Double Experience Weekend
  17. Bethelmanaa Journeyman

This is sad and embarrassing. We already have so many that are on the bubble of staying and leaving, for something like this to happen just pushes them more and more away. Thank you for the two days but they are just wasted days since when they activate they are not on my log in days.
  18. Fenapets New Member

day 3 still on complete lock out with making all the dns changes just wth is going on 2 days comp isn't going to cut it
  19. Fenapets New Member

so are you saying because I don't know how to do this. what I would consider above average computer skills that you will pay the bill for me to get someone else to sort it out ?
  20. Indrigoth Journeyman

This is what I think would be fair.

I honestly don't care about having 2 days added to my account time. I would MUCH rather have a double XP weekend this weekend.

Honestly SOE, it really is the least you can do. You need to maintain good relations with your customers if you want us to play your upcoming games...