I have an idea, how about instancing raids?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mabbu-EQ, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orpheuus Journeyman

In the old days (1999) there was a 'Play nice policy' which was respected and enforced if violated.
    On my server 'The Nameless" there was no such thing as DPS racing due to this PnP in place.
    Three Guilds were hardcore and raid worthy...Legacy of Steel, Sanctuary and Euphoria.
    DPS racing (in 1999) was NEVER intended to be part of the game and did not exist.
    But there are many players who insist DPS racing was part of their 'classic' experience....I call Bull****.

Fast forward to todays TLP's with changed ownership and policies, with populations 150-200% more players per server...where third party programs and Krono trading are rampant.

The players who seem to be against Raid instancing (on Ragefire) have an interest to keep the monopoly of 'Krono for items' to themselves.

The players who are for instancing want to experience the game content, on their own time, without being blocked from it.

From a business standpoint instancing is a huge benefit to the company, keeping the subscribers for the long term.

1. Instance raid targets.
    OR
    2.Do nothing...Ragefire and Lockjaw become a ghost town in less than two years.
    lockjaws and Dojii like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.