How to see as many old Raids as possible where Mercs dare not go....

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DonnaTCK, Dec 9, 2014.

1. DonnaTCK New Member

I need help ...

Been back a couple of weeks and made every class and taken to level 20 to get a feel for them all again... I left 10 years ago

I want to see and do all raids with a 3 box group ( will consider 4 if needed )

I'm a good boxer and use is boxer well so doesn't have to be easiest combo but not really interested in melee group and prefer it to be as few actions per second as possible. I have a rogue I'm gong to molo up to 105 as well as a necro and RGR so would like to leave those three out. I even have a crazy 6 box team that has no business in a raid just for fun when bored.

Warrior / cleric / Mage seems the easiest to ensure I see all old raid content I can see until the mobs just become to strong. I for sure want to be able to box the 2.0 raid to gear all my toons with epics by dragging them along in tow when needed.

I'm leveling all 16 classes as high as I can get them and as well geared with AA's as possible over next 18-24 months while waiting on EQnext.

so thoughts? Remember I know I can group any three to max level easy on group content with mercs.... I want to box old raids to gear up other toons with epic 2.0's and see as much RAID content as possible. So with that in mind what's easiest to farm old raids with to gear up other toons I prefer to play molo but my preferred Main has no business in a 3 box raid setup.

So what say you? Easy to box old raids including and past if possible epic 2.0.... Warrior / cleric / Mage ?.. Or something easier I'm not thinking of ?

Input appreciated... On the topic of defeating as many old raids as possible while balancing actions per second as a secondary concern. This group will not have anything in it I particularly enjoy playing since it will require a tank / healer / range DPS I'm sure. So, I don't care what it is just so it gets the job done with as few button mashes / tricks as possible ... That way I can get the toons I do love playing molo all geared up with Epic 2.0's and get to see as much old raid content as possible that I've missed.

Thanks
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

For smashing old content, SKs are amazing. Unfortunately they require a lot of APS to perform well, but there are situations where the SK being able to heal themselves / tank well vs lots of mobs will really, really help.

I'm trying to think of old raids and what sort of wonky mechanics they require, and I can't come up with a whole lot that would stop your proposed combo. Old raid events can be really fun and challenging at high level, with very few toons. The only thing that might stop you is needing to do too many things at once. Raid mechanics meant for 54 don't always translate well to 6 toons or less.
  3. Sebbina Augur

Anguish for the 2.0 orb is an instance and require minimum 6 in raid and do not allow mercs. Basically open zones with a raid mob that spawns in it could be done with mercs, while instance raid zones wont allow them.
  4. Belkar_OotS Augur

For the record, while you need 6 in group, you don't need 6 online to request anguish. You can add a level 1 to the group, camp, load up another, camp, until you have 6 in group to request the raid.
  5. Belkar_OotS Augur

If I were to make the smallest possible box group, to get the absolute furthest with the hardest raids in mind at this stage in the game........ I would go Paladin, Shaman, Berserker, and Enchanter. (I know 4).

Paladin for group heals, cures, back up healing, stuns, AE agro and tanking. Shaman for the longest sustainable healing with canni, adps, malo/slow and back up punts and pet damage on the handful of events it is important. Berserker for minor off tanking, but mostly for decap since it works on any mob type that isn't flagged immune which I don't believe is the case for most older raids other than the primary bosses, and they are good burst DPS with some support. Enchanter for spell damage, and mostly for Mezz/Root/CC to reduce the tanking/healing load, and a whole range of debuffs. They also can charm/pet damage for the events where that is important.

I can't think of a smaller group that could tackle the most difficult lower end content. You have tanking, back up tanking, healing, back up healing, multiple cure sources and group heals, charm, mezz, root, spell, melee and pet damage, stuns if not immune, good ae damage potential and durable versus slows, spell slows, mana drains, silence, banish effects, with both burst and sustained situations (assuming decap works which I think it should since even CotF raids have decap/assassinate/headshot mobs now.
  6. Nniki Augur

Some of the raid event quirks I can think of...

Tracking comes in handy in some events. Kessdona and Sisters event in Demi-plane come to mind.

There are a few events where 6 players are required (in zone) to start it, such as some of the Frostcrypt and Ashengate raid events, but they are doable with 3. I think Uqua also requires so many for the gas chamber parts, but either illusion trick or shadowstep (possibly both, I forget) works to get through the walls of the chamber.

If you plan on doing Tacvi, you'll need to beat the Txevu boss (merc-allowed) to get the item that allows you to request the instance. This event requires pet damage to beat and potentially the ability to lockpick (I think illusion trick might work, but lockpicking is more convenient). Pet proc weapons work though as an alternative to actual pets.

Ikkinz raids have quite a few odd requirements iirc. Pickpocket, Tailoring, and Research skills for one. I think another event involves some class variety, but can still be done.
  7. Cimpek New Member

Very easy and fun raids would be Plane of Power. I soloed a lot of the events years ago just to see if I could. Mercs are allowed in every zone.
  8. DonnaTCK New Member

My main question is what do I need for anguish to 3 box farm it for alts for EPIC 2.0's

Warrior cleric mage good enough ... or do I really NEED a SK even though they have more actions per minute than warrior which I was hoping to avoid ...

just want efficient easy team to farm for my alts and main I actually like to play :)
  9. DonnaTCK New Member

I can zone in 6 accounts but really only want to try to do it with 3 if I need more will use more basically need to farm anguish for 2.0's for the toons I actually like to play and looking for advice on how to get it done the best way and still take into considerations actions per minute.

Warrior / Cleric / Mage

SK / Shaman / Mage

seem the most likely trios

I could even do Warrior Cleric Mage Mage MAge MAge 6 box if it means farming anguish quicker for my main toons epic drops etc ...

I like to solo my two mains and focus on just them and find groups if possible but I want a box team to farm old raids to gear them up particularly 2.0 epic stuff
  10. DonnaTCK New Member

i was trying to quote some of you above but i could not seem to get it right so sorry if they read weird without quotes first but you should get the point
  11. Belkar_OotS Augur

What level do you want to do it (Biggest factor)?

At level 85 Warr Cleric Mage should be fine enough to get anguish orbs, it just will take a few hours.

Hanvar is super spell resistant, so you will get low dps from the mage on the boss (need about 3k DPS to overcome his regen, which I think an autoattack warrior and pet could do). Ture requires curing but otherwise not that hard.
  12. Brohg Augur

"boxing" the 2.0 raids is pretty darn unnecessary. Any class can solo all of the 2.0 fights by lvl 90, some even earlier
  13. DonnaTCK New Member

I was thinking 85 for anguish after stopping at 51 60 65 70 80 to grind AAs and get Augs
  14. DonnaTCK New Member

I would like to start trying at 75 and then again at 80 to trey to get 2.0s quicker. I was also under the impression you had to have 6 to start the final anguish part for orbs or whatever for 2.0

If I 6 box the warrior cleric and Mage x 4 I was thinking of trying at 70 actually

I'm in zero hurry to level any toons farther than I have too .... Tons of the game I want to still see fairly close to or on level whenever possible once I hit 85 I see me stopping leveling all toons and just do AAs until I see all I want to see
  15. Ravengloome Augur

You don't need tracking for Sisters in Demiplane

/target Allthea
    /hail allthea

It works through walls...
  16. Yther Augur

One account logs in, 2nd account logs in 1st level toons invite to group, then camp them out, and repeat until you have 5 off-line toons in the group. Grab instance. You're set.

No way at 70, just not that improved equipment. At 80, I remember it taking more than one group to do fairly efficiently.

Yther Ore.
  17. Brohg Augur

When raids are on level, they take dozens of players with the top gear from the previous raids. To do raid content with a single group, you're going to need 15 levels, and the attendant gear, advantage at least.
  18. Belkar_OotS Augur

You would be hard pressed to succeed at lower than 80 and without a full group with reasonable/good gear.

I used to run them weekly at that level, took about 3 hours, with warrior, cleric, shaman, bard, ranger, rogue, and I was only able to do Ture/Hanvar at the time. I was not an amazing boxer at the time, but I didn't always box all of the toons (brother played 2 and roommate 1), but they all had at least some raid gear other than maybe the shaman/bard. Think I was over 3k AA on each at the time too.

I would probably just wait till 85/90 so you can easily to through and lay waste to it. Spending that extra time leveling versus killing dozens of high HP raid timer mobs would make leveling worthwhile just in terms of total time spent.