Hot Take: TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KrakenReality, Dec 16, 2020.

1. KrakenReality Augur

TLPs deserve at least 1 dedicated full time developer.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

3. Machen New Member

Ok, I'll bite.

To develop what exactly? The whole point of TLP's is to not play newly developed content.
    Kattria Minx and aalith like this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Thank you, it means a lot coming from you.

There's plenty of areas for improvement, nobody ever accused the Verant/SOE of pumping out quality content.
  5. Machen New Member

If the tlp players think DPG is putting out better content, wouldn't they be playing live?

If they think the Verant/SOE content is better than what the current dev team is making, why in the world would you expect a single new dev to make content better than both groups?
    aalith and Genoane like this.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

You keep saying make new content, but I never mentioned it all. I'm just saying TLPs make this place enough money to at least get a dedicated staff member.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Are you looking for a Dedicated GM? Sorry, that plan didn't really work out, so they quietly let their 6-month contract expire and never promoted the "feature" again.

Are you wanting a full-time dev for bug fixes related to early content? What exactly is this full-time developer dedicated to?
  8. Machen New Member

You realize that the purpose of developers is to develop new content, right? They are not software developers.
  9. monzie New Member

the guy above me is addicted to everquest forums, ignore and move on, your op is valid and makes sense to the above avg intelligent people here
  10. Zipe The Healer

I can certainly agree that TLPs having a Dev focused on preserving consistency on how progressively the content is delivered would help on Ngreth's sanity.

Altho I assume that Ngreth enjoys doing some research and fixing consistency, otherwise he wouldn't do it.

And btw, I am not talking about keeping consistency on that 5-6 early expansions most of you are used to play.

That's already ok and have been finetuned a thousand times already. Ok there have been major consistency issues like PoK Spell vendors but that's minor compared to the huge amount of content that comes after that...

The problem is keeping consistency on the other 21 expansions this game has. It's impossible to keep up with all that knowledge, changes and things that happened over the expansions and the eras.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Bowdeen Elder

How would you know what makes sense to people with a brain? PS: It's spelled intelligence.
  12. Machen New Member

Sure, ignore my questions and resort to ad hominem attacks. That'll win the day.
  13. Fluid Augur

I spells it entellagent. Guess that makes me...
  14. Triconix Augur

What would a dedicated dev accomplish?
    This doesn't even make sense. If the content isn't good, why are people TLP treadmillers?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I can see where the OP is coming from, developer for just TLP would be able to address things like getting MoTM removed & all of the changes needed to accomplish that fairly & maintain game integrity.

Then there are epic choke points which could be addressed.
    After the MoTM removal changes some class balance in early expansions, weak Rogue weapon itemisation is just one area I could see warranting improvements.

There's quite a number of things that a dedicated TLP developer could be working on.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  16. Triconix Augur

I don't see how any of those recommendations would warrant a new FTE. Maybe at most a part-time dev.
  17. Ruhi Augur

I agree. I mean, look what having active developers did between Ragefire and Phinny
  18. Machen New Member

There was no full time TLP developer between Ragefire and Phinny.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

20. Ruhi Augur

having Active Developers working on TLPs are how things like pick zones and aoc's got developed between ragefire and phinny.

i dont recall specially saying 1 full time developer was responsibe.

stop arguing to argue
    KrakenReality likes this.