Hi all, question or a little help from Bards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redwinger_Xev, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

Question is, can you explain the technique how you can pull a single mob out of a bunch, what spells, abilities you use? I am at work and unable to access other resource sites.

I currently use a Bst as my main and a Bard as a boxed, I use bst to pull on almost every occasion. However this last quest in TDS , Degmar the lost castle, where the captain and 6 of her guards attack, Im having great difficulty trying to pull with the bst as the agro doesnt go away. Any help on a good way to pull these with the bard would be great. Thanks

I
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Those mobs are aggro-linked. You can split them with patience and proper placement. You can pull into the closest hall . . . but if you go too far they memwipe.
  3. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

I will try again tonight, is there a way to pull the guards without the agro on captain?
  4. Hellboy007 Augur

AE mez IIRC? it wasnt an easy mission. I think some of the guards go and fight other NPCs too. i think fighting on the bridge deal was a good spot.
  5. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

These mobs are by far the hardest to break up i've seen in the game so far. just not enough room to work with, the only hope i have is try pulling them toward armory and before they mem wipe i can FD and hope one stays back but they seem to warp back so fast. ive only been able to kill 1 guard that way before i had to log off for work.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

My strat was this - (setup to fight on the bridge)

Pull Captain, the guards attack Thubr.
    While you're fighting captain, one at a time the guards attack you. Switch to the guard & kill.

Another thing you could try with bard - (setup to fight on the bridge)

1. Face south? toward doorway/entrance. You want to face the bard in such a way that the guard goes onto the bridge when you do Sonic Displacement, not into the pit.
    2. Very quickly, do Sonic Displacement 1 guard, Fade, Dissonant Chord. Then attack on BST.
    - If BRD will die from this, you can Sonic Displacement + Fade, swap to BST and aggro very fast before the mob goes back.
    The other guards/boss *might* still assist if they share aggro.
  7. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

thanks I will try those strats tonight,
  8. Bamkan Augur

I set up just behind Thubr (opposite side of FV).
    I pull with Captain with a Warrior and use bard to AE mez the adds.

You'll want to use A Tune Stuck in Your Head AA to get an extra tic on AE mez, and then your AE mez melody should look like this, /melody 10, 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3 (where 10 is AE mez).

Your Bst might not be beefy enough to pull the Captain plus his Adds b4 getting AE mez off on them.
    I would prolly pull Captain with bard using Deftdance disc (standing on top of Thubr), start the AE mez cycle and then pull off Captain with Bst.
    Generally I recommend killing Captain and then dealing with the Adds, unless you cannot mez them.
  9. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

thanks for the info, ill try all these options tonight, hopefully one of them works for me :)