Heroic Leap - Paladin AA

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Stephen51, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Stephen51 Augur

Description from AA window; This ability, when activated, causes you to leap to your targeted enemy, if in range. Rank 2 increases the agro generated within your targeted enemy.

Alla/Lucy show both ranks as;

1: Fling to Target (4)

There doesn't seem to be an agro modifier on rank 2 of the AA. Is this an oversight, or did we pay 9+ AA for a second rank that does the same as the first?
  2. Brudal Augur

Look at the spell instead of the aa list

or http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/rawspell.html?spell=41810 if you dislike raidloot. Look for "bonushate"
  3. Stephen51 Augur

Thanks Brudal - no I don't use Raid Loot, but may check it out in the future. I had looked at the raw data view but there's a lot of info there that means nothing to me, though bonushate is sort of self explanatory.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

FYI that bonus hate doesn't work.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Act of Valor should be rolled into this ability and renamed to Heroic Leap Off a Cliff ;)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Stephen51 Augur

The reason I looked this up, is because I have an alt warrior and they have a similar ability, battle leap, which when activated gives them a buff in their short term buff/song box.
    The Pally version gives no such buff, and I didn't see any debuff on the mob.

Can you explain what's not working? Has it/should it be bug reported?
  7. Caeelar Journeyman

Honestly, I don't care for this ability at all. Jumping at a target will get you in trouble in a group setting, and I can't think of one useful situation where it would be useful on a raid. The agro bonus is cool, but the ability otherwise is ho-hum.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

I suppose you could report it, since theres a new AA Dev now he might listen.
  9. Damoncord Augur

Looks like the Pally Leap just causes more agro on the target, while the Warrior Leap is a damage booster for the warrior. That is why the warrior one gives a buff but the pally one doesn't.
  10. Linden Augur

Good info lianeb, thanks
  11. shik Elder

Maybe not useful in most group application, but I use it pretty frequently in raids to get across an area in a hurry and ontop of a target.
    Brohg likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

ditto shik. it also "finds" a mob for you off've ext target. I use the warrior version a ton raiding.
  13. shiftie Augur

That was the whole reason I put the request in for the aa to begin with. Along with speed of the savior (which was supposed to have an aggro mod as well). I use heroic leap quite frequently in the group game. There are fun uses for all of our aa. You just have to get creative.
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

Dangit Sheex, I snorted beer out my nose when I read that!!!