Heroic Adventure loot?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EspiritunNox, Dec 18, 2013.

1. EspiritunNox New Member

This is from the description of HA;s

- Scale in difficulty, loot quality, and mob levels

What kind of loot drops in HA's and how does it scale?

I've done several and the only 'loot' I ever see is from the rare named and that's always the same loot table.

Do they mean "collectibles" , "armor ornaments: , platinum? how does this scale?

or is it just careless wording dropped in there by marketing department
  2. Feradach Augur

We've only seen a portion of the exansion so far. I'm guessing the scaling will come later as we see lower level HAs made available.
  3. Garanle Elder

Nothing in the expansion lives up to what was promised.

1. Scale in difficulty - That is coming, I don't think it is in the game. I can say that the game doesn't really look at your group, or if it does then I must be too diverse with my Monk Cleric and Enchanter because I get random parts every time. Also it doesnt matter if i request with no gear on vs gear on so I don't think the checks are working for that either (Unless im flagged some how as having gear just not on me).

2. Loot Quality I dont think is in the game and may never make it. Lets get real for a second, they need to get through adding full sets of armor and weapons prior to scaling loot. Then they have to make sure the scaled loot is appropriate. Also the crack pot job they did at crafting needs some serious work.

3. As for the level scaling it will be real interesting to see how that is handled because previous gear may not account for big AOE's which may make some of the named easier for lower levels since they would have to reduce the aoe significantly. Now if that is the case do they give the hunter award to a level 85 who killed all the named in the 85th level version or do they not give hunter credit till its run at level 100 difficultly.

Personally, I think the whole gig with heroic adventures was an epic fail. Not diverse, sure not set up to work with Mercs, Broken upon release for a lot of sections, the list can go on. All for what? Some classes the new abilities really dont do much or the gear isnt a big upgrade, certainly not worth the time commitment. Other classes the upgrades are so overdue that they spend time trying to get others to run endless missions with them.
  4. savrin Augur

The whole expansion is basically incomplete. That is the issue here. They decide to market it like it would be complete with a wide range of levels having access but that is not true.

They do not have the money or the time to get everything done in a reasonable amount of time so we get half expansions every year. Each year it is likely to get worse. I think this is likely just the beginning. Because EQ has been dying a for a long time and this is what happens when games die. They try to milk customer and try to use clever marketing techniques to sucker them into buying unfinished stuff.

They basically lied to us compared this stuff to old school ldons that were lv 20-65 and had a lot of good loot on sale at the vendor and also drops from named and at most took about 40 min to complete with a reasonable group.

What they gave us was nothing like what they promised. Only 1/2 a tier and heroic missions are nothing like they said they would be. They basically used a very popular concept(lots of folks liked ldon/don/etc) and used to it milk the customer.

They are promising us something better in the future, but they won't say what or give any details. I expect the bare minimum. I bought this expansion so I could raid it and for the possibility of old school ldons which they did not deliver on at all for the latter one.
  5. Goth Augur

Well they should have just upgraded LDoN that would have been easy.

Its a shame the LDoN system was left for dead all those years ago. it was impressive for its day.