Has Last Stand become Antiquated (Raids)?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Pwnography, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Robnie Augur

I loled. Aren't you in Triton?

I'm not sure /shield was used once during arx 5, btw.

I'm pretty sure that guy isn't in our guild.

Anyways, carry on folks.
  2. Brohg Augur

/shield did interact pretty wonderfully with druid AA Wrath of the Wild, magician spells Surge of Shadow and Coronal Skin, in ages past. Does it still?
  3. Repthor Augur

People have been using /shield on main tanks for years. A guild on my old server used to have a tank /shield the MT on Rallos Zek in tactics with a chanter chain runing them. As long as the tank isn't running LS or getting DA'd, I don't see the /shield tactic as shady. With that being said, my guild very rarely uses /shield on main tank and it has never been a part of raid strat.
    if we gonna play the "has been" game this whole thread is pointless

Additionally, it's always useful to /shield DPS that pull aggro if you can't tank that mob for whatever reason, or if it's a heavily dotted necro that can't find his FD key on a membluring mob.
    if your loseing aggro to dps as a warrior on a singel target boss fight, then im sorry for your dpsers as warrior aggro on singel target is ridiculasly strong . only time is if somethign chain member blurrs and there i guess 2 mob in this entire expansion who does this(kinda)but between Warlords Grasp, Unbroken , Ageless, Projection, Rage of the Forsaken, and AE taunt,and enhanced AE taunt (and normal taunt ) theres really no excuses

theres no valid reason on a raid where u want to have 2 warriors takeing dmg when one is enough why spread your healing power up for no reason. the dmg distribution between the shielded and the one getting shielded end up makeing the mob do more dmg then it whould on a singel target its just now spread between 2 targets . if the dmg was spread evenily down the middle i could see it but thats not how shield functions.

and pwnography is not in triton
  4. Repthor Augur

yes u still get the ds and procs(defensive procs) as your getting hit by melee dmg
    so
    sluggyshness
    reptile
    shineing
    brace for impact
    wraith of the wild
    surge DSes
    warrior first spire
    tower bp clickie

ect ect