In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Svann2, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Cairbrae Developer

For those affected (and not everyone is, which makes this one tricky), has the frequency or severity of the kaleidoscopes been reduced?
  2. NyteShayd Elder

Doesn't seem like it.
  3. Kalamos Augur

So far I would say no, not at all. This is from moments ago, and from a completely different computer than the one I took my earlier screenshot on ...

[IMG]
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Nope. I just zoned into the lobby on 3 toons. One seems fine, the other two are stuck in a spiky graphic hellscape. I can't even see the Magus on one of them because that entire area is taken up with someone's exploding weapon graphic.

I think it's the LS armor, ornament, and weapons that's the primary issue. I also noticed that the merc quest guy in Hero's Forge is now just shiny black mess of armor after the patch.
  5. Lodestar The Undefeated

Happened to me as well now.

Being that it happened after just several zone-ins to PoK, I wouldn't say the frequency has decreased much.

Twice in a row, after multiple other zonings before re-entering PoK that second time.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

I had it happen on one character in PoK earlier today. It happened by the Loyalist merchant and then in the Buff crowd near the Guild Lobby entrance. After logging out and coming back it did not happen. Oddly, another character being boxed on the same computer did not experience this issue. I have not experienced this issue before today.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I'm on the FV server. It was one of my bixie drone pets. You could see it's wings flapping.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Zoned into the GL on FV and 4 of my toons had the bad graphics, never happened before.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, this has gotten worse. Much much worse and is now affecting every time I zone into the lobby.

Before it would happen maybe once a week for less than 3 seconds on one character in the group when porting to lobby and I could look down at the floor and move to get away from it.

Now it is constant, on all characters. Zoned a group of 6 in and every one of them got hit with it and its not small like it used to be. It takes the entire center of the lobby.
  10. fransisco Augur

actually, the original upgrade to dx11 never produced a problem for me.
    Its only in the last few weeks that I occasionally see them, and only in pok/guild lobby
  11. Febb Augur

What memory mode is everyone using?

My wife's new gaming laptop yesterday had the weird texture issues in PoK yesterday so I switched her from Balanced Memory Mode to Max, camped to character select and back in and the texture issues went away. She hasn't seen that issue yet.
  12. kookoo Augur

same for me FV sever , either pok or lobby or G-hall ,
    same computer / screen .
    6 toons , not everyone have it , last time it was 3 who had and other 3 who didn't .
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    @ svann2 , thx ,

[IMG]
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

14. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

[IMG]

I'm gonna tell my kids this was a space game.
    Jack, Molybedium and Metanis like this.
  15. Shadovoxx New Member

From what I have seen, they made the rainbows worse. It seems thicker and happens much more often.
  16. Lodestar The Undefeated

I concur that the kaleidoscoping seems larger and more prolific when it does appear.
    Silvena likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

It does feel like there's more "fill the room" spikey blobs than there were.
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

For me (FV server) it seems like it's the pet weapons that blow up. This may or may not be helpful for the devs who are trying to solve and fix this. This one was less severe and fairly interesting.

Everything else in the GL was normal.

[IMG]
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Nightmares Augur

For me, it's the new All access Anniversary weapon being blown up and out of proportions.
    (can't seem to post a ss of it here for some reason)
    I can say that for me at least, it has only been happening in Guild Lobby(at least so far)
  20. Metanis Bad Company

Prior to the patch last week my AMD systems experienced the issue and it seems relating to mage pets. I don't think I ever saw the issue on my Nvidia systems.

After the patch I have not seen the issue on either type of system. I keep video drivers updated typically on general release day. I do not use Beta drivers.