Game Update: Weds, Feb 25 @ 8:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Krekre New Member

Just a wishful guess....maybe they were moved to have a place for the anniversary task / quest givers a space to stand in the shade once March rolls around...
  2. segap Augur

Out of curiosity, how much scrolling through stuff do you need to do now? The 6 or so poison vendors were already a pain to browse with everything they each sold.
    Yinla and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  3. Diptera Augur

I actually bothered to log on just to see what the deal with PoK was... congrats on wrecking a zone that did not need changing, by making needless, pointless, and ill-conceived changes.

Unless this is the new vision for the future... "hunt the tradeskill component". Will achievements be unlocked for successfully finding where DB have hidden all the components which we used to know the locations of?
    Lisandra, Marton, Fenudir and 3 others like this.
  4. Meatball Elder

How PoK vendors floated to the top of the priority list with so many other outstanding issues is a bit of a mystery. Guess loading up all those vendor windows was overly taxing the servers... over a decade later... in spite of Moore's law...
    Lisandra, Marton, Imrahil and 5 others like this.
  5. Caell Augur

Bring back the PoK vendors, this was a pointless change, you've turned PoK into a ghost town. Part of the reason for all the vendors was the atmosphere of a thriving economy. Now it looks like the vendors know something we don't know and they packed up and left for greener pastures in another game.

After all these years of no one complaining about the way it was, and this is one of the first things you mess with under new management!?! o_O :( Why?
    Lisandra, beryon, Meatball and 5 others like this.
  6. Sostenes Augur

I agree, the vendors must come back.

Chef Denrun (Baking Merchant) now carries a BUNCH of non baking items, and no, they are not items that have been sold to him and now appear in his inventory, he has unlimited amount of coal, molds, and other smith supplies.
    Caell and Yinla like this.
  7. guado Augur

Maybe now that Clerics and Druids use the same gear (.............) Baking and Smithing will be combined into 1 trade skill.
    Clerics and Druids are both classes
    Baking and Smithing are both trade skills

Sound logic to me.
  8. Jeanmirac Elder

Haven't done the update yet (satellite data restrictions) and not happy to hear any of this. Why? Who's wish list did this come from? For what purpose? NAME NAMES SO I CAN SHOW MY CHILDREN WHAT EVIL LOOKS LIKE!
    I suppose the 'Hey *player*, Have you seen blah blah I just got in?' spam will increase exponentially too...
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Making tradeskilling easier would have been okay but never in the history of the world since WW2 has there been such a clear delineation of right versus wrong.

Saying EFF-it and putting the items together with no forethought whatsoever demonstrates the wrong people are still the ones making decisions.
    Fenudir, Jeanmirac, Iila and 5 others like this.
  10. Sostenes Augur

They might as well have left one NPC and put ALL tradeskill items on him lol and one banker o_O
    Lisandra, Yinla and Caell like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

At least then I could find what I want!
    beryon, Iila and Fenudir like this.
  12. Jeanmirac Elder

I hear the next expac will feature... newly discovered... pandas...
    <cough cough puuuuuuke...>
  13. beryon Augur

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
    Lisandra, Iila and Caell like this.
  14. Samatman Augur

Thanks for New Freeporting PoK. There is a concept of learning from past mistakes. You might consider this some day when you look back and wonder where things went so terribly wrong.
    Imrahil, Lisandra, Meatball and 2 others like this.
  15. JolineSZ Augur

Holy , now looking on ZAM they will have a bunch to do with updating the vendors and where to buy what. Did they even took this into consideration?
    Lisandra and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  16. Brohg Augur

I am wholly in favor of this vendor condensing. There are clear rough edges that need sanding, but, to reiterate - 100% supportive of this change.
    Iila likes this.
  17. Jeanmirac Elder

Observation of forum software:
    There is a 'Like' button, but not a 'Go Die In A Fire' button. Very Zuckerburgian.
    :\
  18. Riou EQResource

No, they don't consider that stuff, why would they? If they did, almost nothing in game would ever change.
  19. JolineSZ Augur

Considering = never change anything? You think that is the only solution? Ohh wait ZAM is used by many people in EQ and they would have to update everything that was buyable in PoK, ok we do not change it. Really, right now we have a rover on Mars and there is nothing else they could do for us and ZAM other that not changing?

I doubt that.
  20. Deloehne Augur

ZAM says:

I think they are already on top of it.
    Lisandra likes this.