For the love of gawwwwwd...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zinkeh, Oct 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, they are different games with different design philosophies and technology. Just because something works in one game doesn't mean that it will work in all games. With as much lag that EQ has adding more instances would only add more lag. Also the devs and the design philosophy doesn't intend for everyone to have their own instance without any competition just as WoW doesn't allow for it for everything. You should quit trying to make it seem like WoW lets you farm everything with no competition as that is not the case.
  2. Treeconix Elder

EQ doesn't have the raw hardware that WoW does. It cannot handle endless instances. It can barely handle the current infrastructure of instances. And I say that ever so loosely because live raid instances are an absolute s-show of crippling lag and half broken event scripts due to that lag.

The game is already hanging on a thread in that regards, and just because you're ignorant of this matter, it doesn't mean it's not true. Go ask anyone on Live and ask how they enjoy the instances and lag right now. You won't find a single person ok with it. It's reaching critical mass and devs have done nothing but turned a blind eye towards it only making the matters worse

And besides, EQ is largely instanced-based already. A majority of anything worthwhile comes from instanced missions. It's been like that for quite some time. I guess you haven't played into the game far enough to witness that?

There are very few things in EQ that require "dungeon crawls" or open world camping. The only things that do so are some augs, collectibles, experience, progression, and the occasional item/clicky.
    Captain Video likes this.
  3. Brontus EQ Player Activist

If they don't have the raw hardware, then they should obtain the raw hardware.

It is the responsibility of EVERY serious tech company to replace their update their hardware as time passes. Failure to adequately reinvest profits into infrastructure and staffing is a common theme with Daybreak as many others have pointed out in the past. Period.

EverQuest literally INVENTED instancing with LDON. WoW copied them. Why then does Blizzard do instancing so much better than Daybreak?

The EQ LDON expansion came out in September 2003; WoW was released in 2004 with full-blown, robust instanced gameplay. I assume that both SOE and Blizzard had access to the same top talent pool during that time.

Do independent instances cause lag in other instances? I have no idea. I'd like to see some proof.

I stopped playing EQ live a few years ago. I have no idea what's going on with the lag. This is the TLP forums, not the live forums and issues that affect TLP players are legitimate topics of discussion.

How is the game hanging on a thread? Why is the game hanging on a thread?

I agree with you about the devs. I'm sure they wonderful people, but their lack of communication and transparency with the player base makes them seem insular, indifferent, detached, and unconcerned. A lack of communication between two parties erodes trust. There is an obvious deficit of leadership at the studio which is the cause of this problem.

Well if EQ live is largely instanced based as you say, then there is absolutely no excuse for the lag as most gameplay takes place in instances.

I'm a TLP player. I play for about 6 expansions than I start again. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Again I am a unashamed TLP player. We are legion. We pay the bills around here. We buy the Krono. We buy the exp and stat pots. We are not the enemy.

Dungeon crawls and grinding in dungeons is what made EQ popular in the first place. The laughably bad EQ of today on live doesn't interest me at all.

I advocated for purchasable instances on demand by players. You don't like that idea because you believe it would create more lag for EQ live players. This doesn't have to be a zero sum game where if TLP players win, EQ live players lose.

I think we can all agree that the solution is for EQ to hire more techs and purchase more advanced server infrastructure. Everybody wins.
    TheRealMuramx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.