Flash of Anger

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by NotRumzlug, Feb 24, 2015.

1. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Was Flash of Anger intended to not stack with 2 Hand Proficiency? I just thought it was odd.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

3. Kamea Augur

FoA will strip DW but will not strip 2H. Ideally, it'd strip or truly stack with 2H.

The parry / ripo / dodge mods on DW and 2H are pointless and need to be removed. Since they removed phalanx from the game and made big mitigation gaps between 2H / DW / S&B, the diffences is actually bigger than the original intent of the stances.

Stances would be more user friendly if...
    1) The parry / ripo / dodge mods were removed
    2) Recast time was lowered to 5s or 10s
    Dre. likes this.
  4. Ranpha Augur

Elidroth's "attempt" at making weapon setups matter again has unfortunately resulted in half our abilities and discs not working properly with half our stances.

Flash of Anger should work in all stances.
    Dre. likes this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

More on this, it seems the intent is to not be able to move quickly/easily between proficiencies basically "Because Elidroth said so". Essentially it seems that if you are in 2H mode you are not a Warrior, you're a "DPS-lite" class and if the mob sneezes at you, you should splat.

This is exactly the opposite of what Warriors wanted when the proficiencies discussion started. We picked the class to be tanks... all we wanted some flexibility/options with our weapon choices rather than being consigned to 1H+Shield 24x7.

Flash of Anger is a curious case because the entire purpose of it is to have a button that you can hit quickly when you need to buy a little bit of reaction/setup time. Its conflict with 2H proficiency is a problem. I agree with Kamea that it would be better if FoA stripped 2H prof but I think changing FoA to a Riposte mechanic probably be the easiest fix in the short term. Maybe that will have to wait for an upgraded spell instead of a rewrite.

Ultimately Proficiencies system suffers from Elidroth's insistence to apply his own initiatives that were not aligned with the Warrior community. I understand we're not going to always get what we want, but asking for a little bit of flexibility shouldn't result in a colossal mess that breaks half of the class's abilities.
    Ranpha, sojero and Repthor like this.