Fellowship exp sharing question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brock Landers, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Brock Landers Journeyman

First off, obligatory increase size! hehe. I'd even pay from store for ability for an increase, 5-10 bucks per slot over 12. 15 be a nice rounded number to be able to go up to.

But, real question, fellowship exp sharing - can't find any consistent information anywhere on the mechanics. Specifically how does a toon become "capped" and then go back to sharing.
    I thought it seemed like a toon would hit "capped" if he had max vitality for a certain period of time without using any of it up (not being logged in/played etc) And to get them back to sharing you would need to play em and use up the vitality and exp em some to get them off capped.

But some playing around in last week, flipping toons in and out to make sure they were using up their vitality didnt seem to do anything. Toons sat capped still after several days of consistant exp'n. And then after patch weds upon login 11 of the 12 toons had flipped to capped from just 4 or 5 upon logging out night before.

Anyways, search on these boards doesnt bring up anything at least in first couple pages and a google search just brings up some redit stuff on some crazy like double group vitality burning, but didnt go too deep into search.

Thanks in advance!
  2. noclue Elder

It was good when it first came out then the usual happened, it got nerfed.
    Your best option is to turn it off and ignore it, it doesn't do anything now.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. eqgamer Augur

Interesting. I haven't dinked around w fs xp since last exp. didn't know it was nerfed at some point either - what's there to nerf? It's iust (or was) a quick / short run blast of additional xp. now I'm going to have see what's up. But yea. Fs xp was never anything to write home about.
  4. WorriedinNorrath Elder

It was brilliant when introduced. Simple and to the point. Now it's a complex mess to understand. Just turn it off and hope someday the developers fix it.
  5. Kuursed New Member

I tend to like FS exp for helping alts. My theory is that a toon gets capped when the available vitality would either push them to max level or 100 aa's. This keeps vitality from flowing to that character, but they are still able to contribute their earned exp to the vitality pool for others. So, I try to keep my main at max level 105.99. Then when he gets a whiff of FS exp shared with him, he caps. That way I don't have to remember to turn his FS exp off when I log in my other toons. And grinding exp on him still shares with those in the FS who have their exp sharing turned on.

That being said, there is often a bit of wonkiness regarding the system and sometimes I'll cap or uncap and not sure why. I just try to burn it on alts when I get the chance and try to re-cap my main by tossing a bit of exp into regular exp bar until he is <100. Then the next person who shares with him should cap him.

I believe the exp rate is 5x while burning stored FS exp, so it makes leveling up alts much easier.
  6. Kuursed New Member

I found some info on Fanra's Wiki site that indicates I misremembered some of it. Here is that info

*** Fellowships ***
    - The current method of experience sharing has been changed to a vitality system:
    - Experience splitting for fellowship members that have sharing enabled remains the same. However, rather than going directly into the receiving player's experience, the shared experience goes into two vitality pools, one for regular experience and one for AA experience.
    - When a player with vitality in their pools plays, they gain regular and AA experience at a significantly increased rate for kills.
    - The bonus is up to 5x for regular experience and up to 3x for AA experience. Normal per-kill caps on experience apply.
    - The vitality pools have caps: approximately enough for 10 levels of regular experience, and enough to reach your AA cap for AA experience.
    - When a receiving player's vitality becomes capped, their experience sharing is automatically disabled (this is displayed in the fellowship window). It automatically re-enables if some of that vitality is used.
    - Messages about when you receive, use, and deplete your vitality pools are given in chat. Eventually these will be augmented and/or replaced with visual vitality indicators on your experience bars.
    - You may now join a fellowship only once every 20 hours.

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Fellowships
    Quatr, Fanra and Helena like this.
  7. Brock Landers Journeyman

So ya, that seems to make sense with what i've seen in last couple months. Definitely found pretty quick the AA cap, with max AA vitality it wears off once you've earned/spent 210 AAs (which is pretty damn fast, full vitality and lesson is 7-10 AAs per kill hehe)

However what I can confirm is definitely broke is that last part in quote. It will hit and show capped if your vitality is maxed, however it absolutely does not switch back to sharing once you've used up any of the vitality, it's almost completely random, sometimes it would be 2-3 days of regular exp before they switched back to sharing, a couple toons could be a week+ and just randomly one morning logging in they are back to shared.

And to those not using it, you crazy. may have been nerfed but even as is that exp bonus when your vitality is full is nuts. probably piss some people off even mentioning it cause they'll go in and renerf again hah.
    probably an EoK thing though, the exp modifier per mob there is so high that the bonus from vitality is much more worth while.
  8. Tucoh Augur

9. Siddar Augur

The thing that really needs to be said is exp is split between AA and Level exp. So if you want to level up an alt you need to set to exp to level on the character you want to give exp with. This is why most people view fellowship exp as useless because they will have exp set to AA with there main that results in only AA exp being given by fellowship. The other things is exp pools are linked in a weird way on receiving character. if you have exp set to a mix of AA and Level the AA pool will drain much faster them level exp will and take level exp with it. So once you're aware of those two things you can get decent millage out of fellowship exp.

Mostly fellowship exp seems to be away for max AA people to level up alts.
    Sasquach of Maelin likes this.