F2P and augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scroterly, Mar 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrakenReality Augur

We all knew you weren't done, lol.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am totally fine about bringing up wife and kids if you are talking about affordable health insurance. I am not fine about bringing up wife and kids to lobby for video game perks.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

He doesn't understand how bad of a rhetorical device that is.

I had to say it before he does it again on these very forums. lol.

Now, I'm done.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Are you reading into things again? Right after I told you not to read into things, and that I wasn't looking for pity? You are doing this to yourself. Read what people say, agree or disagree, make your points. Don't reply as though you know what their motivation was, you are literally meta-gaming yourself into a position where you can't make an effective argument because you're replying to yourself, not to the poster.

I'm not going to give a real life example with made up information. Yes, I have a wife, and kids, no that shouldn't matter as to whether DPG makes adjustments to their F2P model. They should do what they feel gives them the best positioning to bring in revenue, regardless of what I think, or what you think. Period.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If I don't understand how bad of a rhetorical device it is, how could I have used it as a rhetorical device? You don't need to be done, just don't be mental. I don't hate anyone here, and it takes a lot to make me hate somebody.

If I had said "Please sirs, my kids are starving and my wife barely lets me play this game. Please give me the F2P prestige augs so I can have more time to work and feed my kids. Why do you hate wives and kids, you soulless monsters?" Well then yes, that would be out of line.

I'm just a guy, a regular guy, who has played EQ a long time, off and on. I use logic and anecdotes, and i don't hide the details just because somebody might take it the wrong way. All you have to do is stop reading into what I say and the problem goes away. We actually had a decent discussion on the first few pages, the only reason we aren't now is you got a bug up your butt about people who came back recently, and you can't take people's words at face value.

Let's just discuss the issue, or not, but let's not do whatever this is anymore.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

so invalidate someone's justifiable reason(s) for extended AFK?

And for the record, Arguments take three possible avenues:

Logos (Logic, AKA The factual statement.)

Ethos (An authority or figure with specific credibility)

Pathos (Appeal to emotions)

I am dying to know how you found someone having left game time for family time as affrontive. Also, the use of the word quote in that particular sense is meant to isolate and come across as scoffing, a passive deconstruction and is a rhetorical device in and of itself.

Typically, if you do not have the facts on your side, to argue a point, one must either be properly authoritative and or prey upon the emotions of the reader.

Like feigning indignance that a player has a family and real life was the greater sum than continuing gaming for a period.

Show me where the bad player touched you! lolz.

"Buttercup"

(also a quote).

;)
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

He thought I was using it as a reason they should make F2P changes. I was using it to explain how I discovered that prestige augs invalidate the piece of gear they are in, since I wasn't aware of it before that happened. I give too many details when I explain things, it's a problem I have. See I'm doing it again.

To be clear, DPG, please do not use my family in any calculations of how to maximize revenue from F2P or other revenue streams. All decisions should be made on the basis of their feasibility and likelihood of increasing said revenue streams. But no loot boxes, we all agree on this, I think.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

It's starting to look like stalking, bud.
    Benito likes this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Haha.

I have a good memory (maybe close to photographic). That's how I am quite tactical in my responses.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and still, this thread is about legacy augs being hopefully reviewed to facilitate returning players catching up.

Not about loot boxes at all. The loot box trope was just about scaring people off actually reviewing legacy augs. Reviewing legacy prestige flagged augs, like Deep Sky and Deepsky stones should happen. but "someone" wants to keep holding up scary words to slide this idea.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The Devs did make a recent add to the game that indicates F2P augs are something they at least think about. The type 5 augs on the Overseer vendor are not Prestige (or at least they weren't, I didn't verify before this post).

It might be a bit of work, but making augs from like 4 or 5 expacs back not Prestige might be quite beneficial. Giving people things to work on keeps them paying their monthly fee or consumes Krono on their main account. Either thing is bueno. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

I think we've reached the end of this thread, I am going to lock it but thank you for contributing everyone. I'll include it in my dev report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.