Evocation aug

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Nissko, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Nissko Journeyman

Digging through some magelo profiles the last few days for wizards, checking what everyone is using for augs etc . . and I noticed a severe lack of evocation augs in the top profiles that I looked at. . .

Did I miss the memo that says it is no good anymore ? I can't imagine that many people just don't have it.
  2. Piemastaj Augur

Let the stat padding commence......
  3. Xikteny Augur

Exactly; do the top ranked Necro have their epics equipped?
    Andarriel and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  4. Dandin Augur

Silly question. But.

I'm an enchanter. Evoc aug? Link plz!
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Not much point, there will be an upgrade to it soon.
  6. Mykaylla Augur

Tweyne's Stone of Evocation. There should be an upgrade with an additional 5 points of spec alteration coming in the next installment of content- just like the alteration and conjuration (and divination) upgrades that are already in CotF.

I think stat padding is silly and I don't do it, but it appears to make some people happy, so yes, you will get people switching augs out JUST to update magelo and be the top of the mana or hp heap (funnily enough, not nearly as many AC fans stat pad- I love my AC, but I still use my alteration aug and update with it... even though I haven't updated my magelo in a year. I slack!)).
    Nissko likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

People fudge their magelos to show them wearing the highest stat gear/augs they have, especially anyone
    near the tops of rankings.
    The gear in their magelo is often not what they use when playing. Take rangers and necros. No necros have their 2.0 equiped in magelo, and all the rangers are using shields - which no ranger actually uses to fight with.
  8. Gladare Augur

Not all the rangers. Only the fools that pad their magelos.
    Nissassa likes this.
  9. greydeeds Augur

I have my raid class weapon in my primary and i also have my 2.5 epic.
    padding , no as both are my class weapons.
    [IMG]
  10. Trajet D'Or Augur

The upgrade is only 1 more point. 275 x 0.15 = 41.25. The 45 cap won't be hit until someone has 300 base Spec skill. For classes that use more than one Spec 15% aug there is 0 benefit "upgrading" from the LDoN to CotF version currently for the non-main Spec.

Edit - assuming they use Type 8 gear, the CotF version does have the benefit of fitting into Slot 7.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No it's not. The new augments have an additional 5 points added to them specifically so they will hit the new cap. When they capped the %-mods a couple years back, they added the ability to add raw skill points directly.
  12. Zakor Elder

Nope, I don't, but then, I don't use it in game.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Nissko, Naugrin and Potawatomi like this.
  14. Axxius Augur

Look inside the bags to see the real augs. ;)

When the gear is so cookie cutter and wearing stat augs just to update the profile can make a difference between #1 and #10 on the list, it becomes a part of the entertainment. So hard to resist. :D Everybody at the top of the magelo list is usually guilty of it.
    Nissko likes this.
  15. Marton Augur

:rolleyes:
  16. Trajet D'Or Augur

Ah, the new augs are +15% + 5 (unknown55 in lucy raw) points to a maximum of 45.

0 becomes 5? an infinite % increase if it does
    200 becomes 235 a 17.5% increase
    250 becomes 292 or 293 a 16.8% or 17.2% increase
    275 becomes 320 a 16.4% increase

I foolishly thought the item description was accurate and haven't used one yet.
  17. fransisco Augur

0-5 would be 0.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you have 0 points, (aka you don't have specialization skills), it should stay 0, I believe. Even if it doesn't, 5 points of spec skill is hardly going to make a difference for those classes.

I will ask Chandrok if he can change the items to show the 5 points.
  19. Zakor Elder

Well, I ran parses and it showed no noticeable difference.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Then you did it incorrectly