Equipment question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zdac, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Zdac New Member

Returning after a 9 year absence. I noticed when viewing my gear that some pieces show up with a purple color behind (or around) them. Also, I add a new piece and after a few days, the color changes to yellow. Can someone explain the color coding or point me to a guide on it?

Z
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Red/Yellow/Purple background - (I might mix these up)

• You are below the required level for this item
    • This item is Prestige and you don't have a Gold account
    • You have a Prestige augment in this item and you get no stats from it
  3. --Voodoo-- Augur

To clarify:
    Purple = Prestige Aug. You get stats from the gear, but not from the aug.
    Yellow = Prestige item. You get no stats at all.
  4. Toquillaw Augur

Yellow is also for gear which has a required level higher than your current level. When you get to the required level it might drop the yellow background (unless it is prestige, I assume).
  5. Zdac New Member

Thanks for the responses. I hate that they didn't' grandfather in the augs. I earned them along time ago. anyway thanks again.
  6. Lenowill Augur

For what it's worth, my guess is that they probably would have grandfathered them in if it wasn't going to be a major databasing headache to do so.

It does suck though. Still, a few passes through higher-level hotzones (and former hotzones) will get you a pretty decent non-prestige aug set, and any of the quest arc completionist aug rewards (Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal Hand, Bayle's Heraldic Crest, Blood of the Fallen, Black Matter Gemstone, etc.) are non-prestige as well.
  7. Quatr Augur

If you have been away from the game for the last 9 years, then your augments are presumably of the LDON vintage (+3AGI, +6FR and so on.) If so, then you'd want to upgrade them anyway since hot zone and Defiant augments are vastly better.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.