Epic Ornamentations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Berdine, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Dzarn Developer

There is no need to worry.
    artofnoise likes this.
  2. Genadine Elder

Epic the Quest is not, wasted an hour of my life just wandering round getting updates.

Complete and utter FAIL
  3. Liliana Augur

Sounds like you ignored all the lore, didn't do your own class event and didnt explore the bonus area. FAIL
  4. SpamFactory Augur

My feedback on the warrior event (spoilers):

-1st part of the event with the wraith is fine. you need to use taunt/kick/taunt/disarm on the 1st wave then taunt/bash/taunt/disarm on the 2nd.

-When Suteng spawns and claims the sword: it is not obvious to the player that you are supposed to lose this part of the fight. what you are supposed to do is let Suteng damage you until you are at 35% life, then the script continues. natural instinct is to fight Suteng head on and use potions or steadfast servant to stay alive (no mercs allowed in this instance). this makes the fight end up going on forever since he only hits for like 400 and most warriors have massive amounts of HP. When I realized I was the one who was supposed to lose I just started spamming the sit command with my back turned.

-the next part of the event is the skeleton waves. This is very annoying because you are supposed to bash->taunt->kick->disarm each skeleton before killing them, but your own ripostes will mess up the order and force you to start the sequence over. Even if you equip a non-weapon to stop yourself from riposting, bash/taunt/kick/disarm all proc a small aggro spell now when you use them (I believe this a new feature with this patch) and the trouble is all these agro procs can twincast, and when they do it also resets the bash/taunt/kick/disarm sequence on each skeleton.

-You can fail this part of the event since Suteng will eventually kill the Decorous Commander he is pre-occupied with. afterwards he will hit for 34k so with no merc he'll kill you kick your butt quick. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do because no matter how many skeletons I kill (I've killed up to 19 of them in a row) this always happens and I lose.

-from the spoiler video of this event I've seen on youtube, Suteng is supposed to get a red/firey particle effect around him and switch to dual wielding. You are supposed to just build a massive amount of aggro on him until rallos spawns and completes the event. I can never get him to display this red/firey aura, and he still uses a sword and board instead of dual wielding like in the video, so I have a feeling I am not getting to this portion of the event since I must be failing the skeleton waves somehow (not sure how many skeletons I'm expect to kill to win, I had 19 of them killed as mentioned before). I've tried tanking with fortitude and flash of anger and built up as much aggro as possible in that time and one of two things will happen: either I will die when fort/flash wear off, or I will end up killing Suteng and breaking the mission (nothing happens when I kill Suteng; I have to reset the instance).

so far I haven't been able to beat this.
  5. SpamFactory Augur

I'm doing the cleric event now. some feedback (spoilers again):

-step one in the task "balance of the triumvirate" does not update

-steps 2,3,4 are inside a monster mission. all the ring of scale NPCs appear as naked humans/dougs (Vekelrek Sapara, Vax Gloceon, Ikros Fer, and and even the player character when the "disguise" is removed at the start of step 3).

-I run out of mana pretty quick in this monster mission. might be intentional, but since I seem to be invincible anyways it would be cooler if I had better mana regen.

-steps 5,6,7,8 are outside the monster mission in timorous deep. these work fine.

-step 9 is back in the monster mission, this time in solb. I spawned inside the GM box in solb (/loc 0 0 0, the room with nothing but locs written all over the walls). I cannot get out of this GM box, so I cannot complete the task. I've run through it twice and both times I ended up in the gm box.

overall I really like the cleric one, but it needs these bugs ironed out.
  6. Dzarn Developer

The cleric event was the final one being developed and it still going through a QA pass.
    It's a little early for it to be on test sadly but we're working very hard to get all of the issues ironed out.
    Fenthen, artofnoise and Nissassa like this.
  7. Phrett Augur

I ran through two classes last night on test server, Zerker and Shadowknight. Both went smoothly and were pretty fun... good job.
  8. Kyreth Elder

Saving the best for last, obviously!!
  9. Tobynn Augur

Ran through the druid quest, good stuff and a great Unkempt lore storyline. The only glitch I came across was when exploring the astronomy classroom in West Freeport. I didn't initially hear any audio upon entering the room, and the Replay button on the pop-up window also didn't generate any sort of audio despite clicking it repeatedly. Has me wondering what I missed hearing. Hrm.
  10. gcubed Augur

I have tried this a couple of times, also. No joy. For me, this event pretty much ends the same way. Suteng kills the Decoran Commander and then charges across the chessboard and eats me, spits me out and then uses my warrior's tiny little gnomish bones to pick his teeth. Either something is off here, or I am missing something basic. :(

I don't think it is the hate proc that is messing the disarm sequences up as much as it is the Warlord's Return Kick AA.
  11. SpamFactory Augur

I equiped the ROF port clicky (a non-weapon) which stops me from riposting. it should stop the return kick ripostes as well since I believe that return kick fires off of normal ripostes.

I just visually noticed a "you twincast" message in my chat box wheneve the sequence reset even when I wasn't riposting.

I believe the monk event has npcs that actually prevent a player from riposting. I remember this from HoT beta but I haven't tried the monk one yet. if there is a way for NPCs to avoid player ripostes it should be applied to the warrior event too.
  12. Crystilla Augur

Dzarn, if it's on Test server now with bugs, would it be released to live servers with those bugs still on them, or would this one be held back until the bugs are fixed? Many anxiously awaiting clerics (<---- one for sure :D ) want to know.
  13. strongbus Augur

I would like to ask the dervs for necros. where most raiding necros and some grouping necros still use our 1.5/2.0/2.5 as our main hand anyways besides if we want our 1.5/2.0/2.5 to look like our 1.0 what use is this to use besides saying we done it?
  14. Splody Journeyman

Are these quests something that can be done at lower levels? Do they scale in difficulty? Most of what I'm reading suggests its mostly exploring stuff, but some do mention combat.

Are my alts going to need to be 95+ in order to safely do these?
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Since they are for the 1.0/1.5/2.0 I would assume that they are able to be completed by lower level players who just have the 1.0 done.
  16. SpamFactory Augur

the ones I've tried are all doable independent of what kind of gear you use. they are more about following emotes and solving puzzles rather than combat. even the combat sections are heavily scripted and generally hit for just a few hundred (unless you fail somethine like in the warrior one).

my guess would be they are doable by at least level 90 since these were started in HoT. I have no idea what the actual minimum level is.
  17. Splody Journeyman

Well that doesn't sound too bad. Most of my alts are between 75 and 85 though, hopefully its not impossible for those levels as well. Thanks.
  18. Riou EQResource

The lowest ones I've completed far are the Ranger one at 82 and the SK at 85 (monk was at 90 but that was easy), it is a lot more difficult then if you were higher level with better gear/AA though. Ranger one I had to use a merc as there was no way soloing the last mob. SK one was a little easier (though not a cake walk).
  19. gcubed Augur

I did the mage event with a level 58. It wasn't pretty, but I got it done.

If I had to guess, most of these can be done by anyone old enough to get an and fully use an epic. So the minimum level would be around 50. It is dead certain nobody below the level of 46 could get it done, though.
  20. artofnoise Augur

Dzarn, my group is waiting for these to be pushed Live, but I wanted to extend a hearty Thank You for the work on these epic ornament quests. There are many of us out here who do appreciate the meticulously crafted story and lore and in-jokes. And, no, I will not sing "Memories" for you. :) Some of our favorite content in recent years were the Deity Favors series.

One question: Do you have any suggestions for sound/video settings to provide the best experience when doing these quests? (ie. should the Music slider be up, or Post Effects on)