Enforced Raid Rotations Come to an End

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Porygon Augur

But it does. If the last krono purchased waa 6 months ago. The tlps aren't really making as much as we think.

I understand that money is still money, but the company also bought out/ the rights to the game. We don't know how the money gained was used. Will it make a huge difference...No. But I would still be curious.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Someone purchased 10 kronos to sell to me for 9k each this weekend on Lockjaw. It isn't the spreadsheet of numbers you're looking for but there are definitely people out there still buying kronos to sell.

You'll see a surge with the new server everyone is going to go crazy buying kronos to get the best stuff first then it will calm down much like it has now.

Also when the expansion hits people will buy kronos so they can aug their characters and on FV the casuals/solo players will want to buy best in slot gear as soon as possible so they will most likely be dumping out their piggy banks to purchase the newest and bestest gear.

There was on guy on FV Arthurr a paladin in my old guild who would dump thousands on Everquest at each new expansion.

Items like - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113958

and http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113138

Sell for TONS at new expansion launches.

I picture 3-500 kronos are probably purchased on FV alone when each new expansion comes out for the chase items
  3. Lee81 Augur

I always get a kick out of the item stats. From xpac to xpac, I sort of stop noticing the incremental changes between the values. They're just... there.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

In live we only look at the heroics usually that's all that matters.

Since one of the items I linked is a shield though AC is extremely important as secondary is the only slot you get 100% of the total AC value per item. Chest is second most followed by I totally forget.
  5. Lee81 Augur

Yeah, I decided to ditch live because I wanted to eventually get there myself.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

I've played live and really do enjoy it.

I want to enjoy the climb see every expansion as it is released. That's all I care about.

I can deal with enough loot just to get by each expansion, I don't need every character full raid gear just enough to down each raid will do.

I really hope that everyone on Lockjaw reaches some sort of agreement because as cool as the new server sounds not being able to box as many as I do means I will simply not enjoy it as much as a LJ/RF
  7. Lee81 Augur

This is exactly what I don't understand. There is enjoyment because there's something that takes place of instancing. Sharing isn't instancing, but it locks other people out of raid targets. It's just another method to lock raids from other groups. FFA should exist. Luckily, guilds prefer realistic schedules. Otherwise, it's a 24/7 schedule where you have to be there to kill something.

In essence, what is the difference between sharing and instancing?
  8. Lee81 Augur

With the above reasoning, why don't we have instancing on Lockjaw and Ragefire? Is it because a guild might want to give the illusion that they are sharing? If this is true, then they might just enjoy flaunting their stuff and taking things when they finally do need it.
  9. rekais910 Augur

I like what you said. Yes you're right there is no difference in the instancing and the rotation except the amount of time between kills, the amount of drama and craziness it brings and the amount of abuse that guilds can force onto the rotation by one particularly power tripping guild leader and his officers. Though I think if they instance the no box server it's only a matter of time until it hits us. Otherwise an endless stream of alt accounts is going to pester the crap out of this forums and Holly's twitter and well whatever else until it does. Maybe check it out though they may very well give you a reason to come back to lockjaw after.
  10. Lee81 Augur

Yeah, here's the thing about this. The former TLP servers were FFA and were out of touch with most MMO players. They didn't see the kind of influx of players that we have for Lockjaw and Ragefire. What's the difference? It's more realistic because people actually share. I was drawn to Lockjaw for the 6 month window and the rotation agreement. Otherwise, it would've been exactly like my experience on Fippy where I was camping things 24/7 and unable to have a life (college student). I'd venture to guess that most former players and the general audience are generally not going to fall within this category.

And you wonder why people reference college students as bums. lol
  11. lalaloup Augur

That's what been so bizarre about these servers. Almost everyone here is a revisionist propagandizing their opinions of reality, and there are maybe like 10 people who are outspoken about play style balance.
  12. Lee81 Augur

Businesses document and research trends, complaints, and requests. Consumers don't always know what they want, but their actions provide businesses with a possible clue. It's up to a company to address them. In this case, these two servers seem to like sharing raid targets to keep a fixed schedule and control which targets are within a rotation. In effect, this is exactly like instancing. Our players outnumber the players on the former TLP servers. Why is that? Is it timing, better advertisement, or the fact that these servers function very differently?

Anyways, consumers might not understand what they want, but they will flock over to a product if you give them what they unknowingly need.
  13. rekais910 Augur

When I was on fippy back during velious-GoD with citizen I had a pretty great time. At least TL isn't a bunch of tools and have skilled players who know what they are doing. It was a tough but fun time as long as the trains don't start. Though I was in college and like you said I had plenty of time. Not any more. I was extremely happy to hear about the rotation and came over here from Rage cause I knew dima as a guild leader and knew that a guild with him would be a place with cool please who just wanna enjoy the game. I'm extremely annoyed at Faceless' actions. The logs are clear. What's not clear is what exactly is stopping the leaders from seeing this and upholding their part of the agreement. Could it be the fear that Faceless will turn on them if they decide to return things to the status quo? Either way, I'm sorry you missed such a promising time in lockjaw days.
  14. Lee81 Augur

People are not infallible. If there is no oversight, then people will try to skirt the rules as much as possible. By the fact that we have a rotation agreement, you can logically conclude that they would like instancing. They're just different methods and mechanics. Otherwise, it's not very different.

The new server might make these two servers very light, but the lemmings will go where the product pleases them the most. Some may choose not to because they enjoy flaunting themselves over others. This happens in life. I did come over for the same reason because classic eq is brutal. I am just hoping that I can continue playing this game. I can't camp a target for a day or 2.
    rekais910 likes this.
  15. Lateryn Augur

It's funny this whole thing came about from obvious corruption @ DBG. Apok does what Apok does, gets punished for it, that punishment is overridden by "someone" very fast. Roshen has no clue whats going etc. So DBG just scrap the entire idea(which probably should of never happened).

And jesus christ, rekais is playing is forum warrior nonsense even in this thread.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Lee81 Augur

Honestly, I just want FFA to happen. And no, I don't belong to either competing guilds. I just want the inevitable to occur sooner.
    Vaclav likes this.
  17. lalaloup Augur

My understanding of eq has me thinking in a different direction. The game managed something unique, it gave players a space to play as they wanted. This is probably largely why everyone thinks their vision of everquest is the only vision. You were in their world, not just progressing through a game.

People knew what they needed, and knew why they were returning to game. They also know why they're leaving and sticking around. It's when people try to speak for others that the problems start. At least in terms of how dbg finds their direction. But how does that happen when even the intelligent people have an air of belligerence towards anyone that doesn't already agree with them?

So, the culture that exists here is really bitter . . . even staff take pot shots on these forums.
  18. Lee81 Augur

Brad McQuaid created EQ, but he never intended for a lot of the issues that it has. He tried to recreate a game with a similar vibe, but his budget, investors, and fans didn't agree with his vision. Yes, there are appealing aspects of the game. However, it doesn't change the fact that a large amount of players have developed strong distaste for the nonsensical characteristics of the game. They moved towards modern MMOs where there was flexibility for gamers of all different backgrounds.

I literally tried a large number of them, but I always went back to WoW. It was just more flexible for me.
  19. rekais910 Augur

Lots of people have said that the only reason that instancing didn't happen in the beginning is because of a lack of technology back then as well it being a new game and was technically experimental for it's time. Now there is the opportunity for enhancements that actually will be used heavily for years (at least on lockjaw).
  20. Kegwell Lurker since '99

The only important takeaway from all this drama is:
    Chris_someFI_mage saying he has used stick since 2001.
    I think the devs need to re read that...