Disenchanted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soltara, May 13, 2015.

1. Jaxarale01 Augur

Yes and no, let me take you on a trip with me to BB last night. I decided to roll a mage to see what all the fuss was about (I have always done a shaman/bard/ranger/monk box 2 set) and I get down to commander area, no ones around (shocking but it is a week later so everyone is prob in higher zones) so I set up shop and begin to literally mow down tons of gnolls. There are bodies everywhere as I am not looting and just seeing what my fancy new mage can do.
    A group of 3 run up and literally sit right down on top of me. I say: "whats cracking guys?"
    No response, knowing what I know... its about to be a show but I am a nice guy so I go about my business and pull a couple of elites from the room down the way.
    You guessed it... all three go into actions simultaneously and the mobs are dead before I can cast two nukes.
    I say: "really guys?"
    No response... so I go into run around crazy mode and just start nuking anything that is pops to try and continue to get exp. I beat them to 4 out of the next 4... but I am now oom so I sit.
    They leave without a word and a level 60 beta buffed druid shows up and follows me to every gnoll and kills it before I can finish my cast.
    I say" "what are you doing bud?"
    His response: "you started it..."
    I say: " huh? why are you killing mobs 50 levels below yours? You cant get exp."
    He says: so you cant, what are you going to do about it? Petition?"
    I logged off and wont be back until live.

Welcome to the show folks! This will happen, and happen a lot!
    Jaxarale, Soltara and Indrigoth like this.
  2. Archess Elder

Ive tried todo the same, but after i run out of the content i know (pop) the game turns alien to me, this time around i would like to get through each expansion as it comes out and not get 20 expansions shoved down my throat.

Ill take the server how i get it, good or bad, at least we get a server witch is better that not getting one at all.
  3. vardune Augur

At the end of the day i will Also take what they are giving and like it. I just hope that they read these posts and see some logic in them and make some changes in the near future.
    Archess likes this.
  4. Soltara Augur

Lol that is super similar to my beta experience. I'll see you guys when Kunark launches.
  5. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------

Sorry to hear you are feeling ambivalent about it Soltara as it is exciting to think of the renewed interest of many people resubbing and coming to play in Norrath again, along with those who are already subscribers. However the surmisings here turn out to be, I'm still very much looking forward to enjoying playing on a new server that is classiq-est, and just getting started fresh.
  6. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------
    6 days.....and how many hours?! :D
  7. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

Dont listen to Vaclav, he is going to get up into his 40's whine, cry and moan about everything including instancing hoping he gets his way and being in one of the guilds that doesnt get raid mobs trying to force rotations. Eventually he will peter out and go away, oh wait...his rep is so bad already from his forum posts he will most likely not name his in game character anything similar
  8. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

Darth
    Darth your one to talk, you got ran off Vulak for ninja looting in a guild raid and your entire guild Black Syndicate dissolved because of it
  9. Vaclav Augur

I haven't used this name on live except for alts (and I barely alt) for over a decade, genius. And for my "reputation being bad" yea, got people asking what guild I'm going to on almost a daily basis in PMs because they feel I've got my head on straight, if this is "terrible" I'll certainly take it. (Also at least three people from TL to date have tried to recruit me for TL, if I'd cared for only myself and not others I could easily go that route)

[I also rarely hide the fact that I'm Aszuth besides when I'm intentionally being coy - the same name I used when I was a jerk that tried to skew the SK BotB by murdering Marl Kastane and other long spawns to try to make my wive's Epic the only one when the SK BotB was announced for Vazaelle, the same name I exploited Plane of Earth under on Stromm, ad nauseum. I don't run away from any blotches in my past - I acknowledge it and that I've changed]

In fact I've got a good enough reputation that people have been tracking me down that knew me in 2001 for Christ's sake. More than a few of which didn't even know me under this name but then see something - be it my posting style or small details on myself that leak out that makes them say "Hey, that's him!"

Additionally, I've never been particularly pushy about things - I've pitched them and actually discussed the pros and cons of doing things that I think would be for the better health of the server.

And I've already got a plan for any extra time personally, I'll be messing around with a secondary guild on a Live server or Vulak or something during any extraneous time - omigosh. I'd rather have the server be more friendly for my many casual friends (which I'm personally not - I can afford to play 50+ hrs a week being that I'm retired and have enough income to actually keep making more money every couple years with just passive income - and the wife and I don't do kids so there's no family that draws us away either besides her parents that are in good health - whereas most of our friends [most of which were amongst the most hardcore a decade ago] have at least two kids now in some cases up to seven - almost all still work - etc) - but just like last server, once it's up and running you won't probably see a peep from me when it's out of planning stages. [Although I'll admit I wouldn't mind if its enjoyable to play the server exclusively]

But clearly you're just another RMTer salty about me picking on RMT folks:
    [IMG]

Whoops. I'm sure folks can figure out which site it is.

Or perhaps it's more about the personal tiff I had over the TFO inspired nonsense that led me to realize the server was going to be more stress than I was supposed to deal with after my surgery.
    Soltara and Xenyn like this.
  10. Darth Augur

lol what?
  11. Numiko Augur

Sockpuppet's I think they are called.
  12. Vaclav Augur

Arkadius was a real player on Vulak - he was part of The Faceless Order I believe. So if you were saying sockpuppet as in an anon account - not really, unless he's someone stealing someone else's name to be a jerk.

Considering he had some volatile PMs that he sent on my guild's website to some of those that took over leadership after me and his attitude towards me - got a feeling he's legitimately Arkadius though.
  13. Darth Augur

He also claimed I was in his guild, or something once and booted everyone from it, over a merger. I don't remember any of this either. Sounds like some awesome drama I would remember though.
  14. Vaclav Augur

I got an update from Zaide - he was EoE on Vulak apparently.

(I'd seen some posts on his Arkadius-Vulak account on here that implied he was recruiting for TFO on Test - apparently that minor level of sleuthing got a false hit)
  15. Darth Augur

He mentioned the guild <Cobretti> to me. I have no idea wtf he is. Or who that guild even was.
  16. Vaclav Augur

That Cobretti story wasn't that you were in Cobretti IIRC it - he was saying you did a joint raid with them or something while discussing mergers - and then bad things went down that he blamed on you.

Assuming there's a kernel of truth (and a kernel of poop) like many stories - I wouldn't be shocked if it was after you left, and BS was looking to merge and someone random did the ninja looting he's talking about. (And of course the guild dissolved, since that's an important part of merging - can't tag people that have a tag already).

But that's my best attempt I'll give it at logicing out his nonsense.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Oh and to clarify earlier since I've just re-read the thread - the "TFO nonsense" wasn't really them doing anything bad FYI - it was their idea to try to bring order to the server, they had good intents at heart. But it was stuff that broke my will to play if I would've had to get involved with. It was the final straw to me that showed that respect regarding raid content wasn't going to happen on the server, and I wasn't ready at the time to say "forget it, gonna play - I'll just not raid" at the time.

Please no one take that as a slam against TFO - they were just the bearer of the message that bummed me out the rest of the way.
  18. Beastro Augur

I'd be fine if this were a PvP server and people could just contest camps, but DPS rules is asinine an is Daybreak admitting they have zero CS without openly saying so.

I'll be trying at lunch with a months subscription, but if the worse decried on this board happens I'll be dropping it, focusing on my guy on Red99 and convincing others after that taste of Classic to do in spite of how toxic the community may be there.

Hell, if this just becomes an RMT, kill stealing fest like we all fear it'll actually put that community in a very positive light. Since I've starting out a couple weeks ago I've met people in opposing guilds lving low levels together, handing out loot and free ports to new people starting out and generally doing whatever civil thing they can to do to encourage the population to grow.
    Soltara likes this.
  19. Redik2 Augur

Drunk off the monsoon of salty tears that is this forum, yes.
    Soltara likes this.
  20. Soltara Augur

This made me giggle.

Lol this thread got so derailed.