Disable /follow

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by IvanK, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Suffer Lorekeeper

Let's remove the arrow keys on the keyboard and make us all run on treadmills to move our toons thru norrath.... I hate lazy people as well :)
  2. Nolrog Augur

Why don't you just come right out and say it directly. You hate boxers and think that disabling follow is a way to stop them. Sure, disabling follow sure will stop all those mages. I mean, it's not like they could run to the other side of the zone (or their camp spot) and summon the rest of their crew (once CotH is available.)

Stop with this S already. Boxers are allowed. If you hate boxers that much, go play on P99.
    Simone, Motherlee and Mayfaire like this.
  3. Steampunk Augur

How about you just play the game. Or, if you don't like the game without the changes you want, don't play it. But stop asking to have the game changed to fit what you think it should be, because other people who are paying just as much per account as you are obviously don't have the same thoughts.
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. Devante Lorekeeper

I still can't find my "sneek" button.
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. taliefer Augur

which is pretty much the point of asking to disable /autofollow. if the command is no longer available in game, and you see people doing this, they are using an illegal 3rd party program.

unless [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] has that built in, because [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is verified legit, despite [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] being filtered out anytime [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is mentioned.
  6. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

LOL, where the hell do these people come from?!
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Reval Augur

If you want to stop boxers, just put in unstoppable farting noises emanating from each character once every 3 minutes. I mean you could box 18 mages, but man that's a lot of farting. This boxer's gonna be hearing a fart about every 10 seconds. The gravity of the situation and of what he is doing is going to sink in quickly, and he's not going to be able to deal with it. I think you'll be giving everyone their money's worth with this one. How are you gonna be the commander of this box army just farting like crazy? At first I thought that this may be a possible solution, but after much thought, it is the only solution.
    Thewiz and Foxxbott like this.
  8. Rhodz Augur

^ Canadian?
  9. Lokomotiva Elder

Can we also remove the use of /gu /g /rs...lazy people refuse to type the entire word (s). Also, can we remove the use of auto run? Lazy people are getting off far too easy with that one. Remember fellow gamers:

Every move you make
    Every vow you break
    Every smile you fake
    Every claim you stake
    I'll be watching you....to suggest DBG change it
    Simone and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Motherlee Augur

You mean like necro pets?
  11. Endtime Elder

Untrue, i use follow for my group.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Bots dont use /follow nor does the legal but unameable third party software with box in its name.
  13. Steampunk Augur

Pray tell, what does [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] use, then?
  14. Machen New Member

Yes it does. I use the unnameable legit third party software and use /follow with it.
  15. FurySoul Augur

If I want pay for entertainment services from DBG and Everquest while being as lazy as possible, well that's my prerogative. The developers saw a need for the function and enough players continue to use the function to solidify its legitimacy. If you don't like the function then don't use it.(next you'll be asking them to disable auto combine!)

Stop trying to encourage or force rules that only benefit your narrow view of right/wrong or enjoyable gaming experience.

Also shutting down functions in hopes of smoking out "the scarlet letter bearers" is a pretty poor way of going about catching them. You'll sacrifice the enjoyment of legitimate players just to fulfill you own sense of justice?

Lastly, If you have no idea how old or new gaming mechanics work (ie. played from classic until current setting) or how others can manipulate them, then stop trying to talk like subject matter experts, you only sound stupid.
  16. IvanK Journeyman

All in all, this is a suggestion how to stop the bots. No, I don't know if it works or not. If there is a cure-all, the problem should have been fixed.

Lastly, if you have ideas how old or new gaming mechanics work or how others can manipulate them, then please try to do something rather than sitting there doing nothing but eatting popcorns. I may sound stupid but you are nothing but a jerk.

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.
  17. Vylint New Member

Follows not used, /stick is the command for a couple of these apps and they can /stick from across a zone to both npcs and pcs. Removing follow would be pointless and it would piss me the off when Im out in OoT running my 3 box that does not use said apps. I /follow my noobs when im kiting with my druid for instance.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Perhaps we should just go back to the Zork days, need to move across the zone?

North
    North
    North
    North
    North
    North
    East
    East
    East
    East

A collectible!

Pick up shiney

East
    East
    East

Click on zone portal

Might take you 8-9 hours to get across the smallest of zones...
  19. Wayylon Augur

The 6 boxers don't use /follow.

They use paid subscription 3rd party programs that either run 6+ characters from one keyboard/keystroke or fully automated scripts.
  20. Endless Augur

I'm guessing you don't go outside much.

Take a deep breath. Everquest is just a game. Try to have fun in it. Let other people have their fun. The majority of boxers and even botters are not out to ruin your day.

It's just you have a very narrow view OP.