Destructive Cascade vs Destructive Fury

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mwapo, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Mwapo Augur

Destructive Cascade reads:
    This passive ability increases the damage dealt by your critical damage-over-time spells by 107%.

Destructive Fury Reads:
    This passive ability increases the strength of your critical direct damage spell hits, causing them to do 107% more damage.

Why does Destructive Fury add 107% to Direct Damage crits while Destructive Cascade only adds 7%?

Why were 3 ranks added to the Luclin Destructive Fury crits(Was not available until Omens of War originally), yet Destructive Cascade isn't available until Secrets of Faydwer?

Could we get 3 additional ranks of Destructive Cascade added to GoD and have the crit multiplier adjusted accordingly or would this be too overpowered on live servers (approximately 26% dmg increase during 100% crit burns and 18% dmg increase sustained).
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Because originally both Destructive Fury and Fury of Magic had +100% damage mods, but because it was coded differently (read earlier and shittier) then Dot crits they didn't stack. When they fixed it to allow DD crit damage to stack they separated the +100 from fury of magic and added it to Destructive fury.

Note that it's actually a bit more complicated that that, having to do with activated AAs and whatnot, I'm just giving the simple version. What it boils down to is it was always supposed to be there but was bugged/broken for 13ish years before a very smart, charming, and devishily handsome wizard was able to point it out to a coder. A few years later it was finally fixed.
    Naugrin likes this.
  3. Naugrin Augur

And thus began a legend that necro mothers whisper to necro babies in the dead of night. The tale of He Who Must Be Named (in 90% of complaint threads for 3 years). Hide yo wife, hide yo kids!
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Please. That legend began much earlier.
  5. Mwapo Augur

So, still no real reason for the discrepancy in wording between Destructive Fury and Destructive Cascade?

Would it be detrimental to live if they were changed to function similarly? I have no problem with how Fury works. I am just trying to come up with any possible way to bring necros even a step out of the dumpster they will continue to live in on Phinny. Between the passive AAs melee get and the change to destructive fury for direct damage casters, necros are relegated to being a dumpster fire in nearly all aspects of the game for the foreseeable future.
  6. Xnao Augur

ftfy
  7. Naugrin Augur

Can't an elf have a little fun?
  8. Xnao Augur

I am all about fun. However elves are second class citizens irl.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

ftfy!
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm sure they can fix the description easily enough.

Detrimental? Unlikely, but there would most likely need to be a better justification for just giving necros 100% more crit damage on live then "we need it on TLP"

The solution is to remove the passive damage bonus melee have on TLP which they should never have been given. Even if they did that though, ALL casters will still be third class (Melee > Tanks > Casters) citizens on TLP because that's how it was in era. To fix -that- imbalance would require a bigger retuning, and giving extra crit damage is the poorest way to attempt to do that.

Just to be clear: I'm all for them fixing the damage balance in the L70 era. It really was one of the worst times to be a caster, and it's even worse on TLPs now. I'm just saying this isn't the way to go about it.
  11. Xnao Augur

Assassination smashination