Decapitate and Headshot and Every class Fade. For you piestro :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spinstun, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Spinstun Journeyman

You seem to like to talk to us and I respect that. You have made good points on some other threads so I want to ask a few about the title here.

I am causual player and come back to playing fairly recently and i still love the game.
    Questions:
    1. Why does decapitate work on all mobs but Headshot only works on humaniods? Whats the reason for this? You gotta have a head to decapitate right? So if you can decapitate then you can head shot? Something is wierd here.

2. I seen a paladin fading mobs so I asked the question that was eatting at me. How in the world are you doing that. He said he well every class in eq now have a fade ability. I say that is cool. But you are doing it almost every pull. My ranger has to wait over 5 minutes to reuse cover tracks. He said Mine is basically a minute or less. Mr Piestro is that right? I recall from a certain board when cover tracks come out that it had to be a long recast so not to upset certain other classes and keep balance. I recall a few of the archer friends of mine on this said board asking for it to be a minute and was not allowed. So why does a tank class get this and not a considered puller? Wouldnt you call that an ability to pull with that kinda reuse?

3. Have i thanked you for your work on eq lately? Well if not thanks. I felt like EQ was pushed aside for DC or ps2 and the panel didnt happen. I was here waiting on the computer for it and There are many fans that dont make fanfaire that schedule "house" work to be able to get up to date information on our game. :)
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

Mages have Drape of Shadows that fades, 7 min reuse unhastened (you can shorten it. you also need a pet, and it needs to be in range to use it). Mages also get Companion of Necessity but that's less reliable unless only one mob, and harder to direct sometimes but never the less. Beasts get a FD now (In my experience it fails like 8/10 times though). Bards have had fade forever, Necros could FD forever. That's all I can personally attest to.

But yes, afaik every class has some form of fade, FD, or general aggro loss component by now.
  3. Recnarp Augur

Don't worry, supposedly decapitate, head shot, and assassinate are going to be a lot less relevant come next expansion.
  4. Recnarp Augur

Its only a problem if you are a hater. :cool:
    Vouivre likes this.
  5. Malachi Augur

Technically to decapitate someone (something) in definition, isn't relegated to just the head. So you don't necessarily need a head to decapitate like you mention. But I do see your larger point if you are making the case that headshot has an unfair restriction in comparison to the other instant kill effect. (I don't necessarily agree that its unfair though, just saying)
  6. Hatsee Augur

Actually the definition of decapitate is to behead someone or something, heads are definitely involved which makes the idea of it working on anything ridiculous. Assassinate is the only ability that would make sense to work on more mob types.
  7. Mytoss Elder

Paladin fade is 3 mins reuse
  8. shiftie Augur

Rangers are pretty bad right now they could probably use a boost or fifty.
    Voodoman likes this.
  9. Malachi Augur

Indeed, I stand corrected.
  10. Spinstun Journeyman

3 minute fade for paladin, I guess i was told an exaggeration but the whole point is that a pulling class sure have it be superior?

And since we asking questions. Harmonious arrow aa. Used to work awesome but was reworked because it was to powerful being able to pull mobs over entire zones without agro. That was to powerful. My question now is how do you get it to work at all?
    I have tried to use this aa but all it ever does it pulls the entire group. I have played with it trying to get it to work in less dangerous areas like in light blue mob areas so I dont die while testing and I can never just get one mob.
    For instance in a test. North wing Ashengate at very top there are three drakkin in a linear line near the steps spaces somewhat far away. If you us approximation agro it will only pull 2. If you hit the last in the linear line, closest to you and farthest from the third mob, you get all three mobs pulled. Another. Fort Mech the columns outside the the wall area and almost at start has like 6 mobs around the them 2 on each side. Harmo arrow one mob from one side and you get 6 mobs. What gives? Ability says to be able to pull a mob from a group. All i have been able to do is pull groups with it so I just dont use it anymore. IS this broke or intended?

I would love since everyone is posting videos of while playing for someone to show me how HA works properly. IT would be such a wonderful help. I have tried it out so many times with so many different mobs and I find it more of an ae agro for pulling groups then being able to pull just 1 or even 2. Can someone post this? Mr piestro Do you play a ranger and see what i am talking about?

Next year at Fan Faire i think we should round of the Dev Team and have them show us how certain things work and how to play the game! Nothing better than having someone show you what they built it to do.
    I like the face that they putting in the new games the ability to share gameplay videos with others easier.
  11. doktartp Augur

By a level increase ? that wont slow many down unless they rework it to not work on xp mobs.
    at 70 when rangers were killing 20-30 greens with it slowly for xp, they were doing it religiously, so 5 levels isnt the issue.
  12. Spinstun Journeyman

Definition of DECAPITATE

: to cut off the head of : behead
    source http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decapitate
    Just saying so its clear. The 2 common elements here is both HS and Decapitate should require the same head right? IF you do either one of these actions to anything with the head its the same result. Also how do you decapitate a ghost? Ghostbusters!
  13. Falos Augur

Back then though headshot would proc off AE arrow abilities, that drastically upped the headshot kill rate.
  14. Braveheart Augur

Rangers are trained archers. They have the ability to be precise. Restricting this to humanoid is not underpowered in any form. The head has to be exposed and a clear shot given.

To decapitate requires brute force. A berserker does not do this with finesse. Wildly swinging his giant axe at anything that comes within range.

I think the lore on this matter is fine.
  15. Spinstun Journeyman

I dont think being able to kill light blues or greens breaks the game. I think it helps get people up to speed of the current game. IF you dont have certain aa you will die instantly in a lot of content if you get hit.
    Honestly I think everyclass should have some form of this. I see a lot of swarming going on. Clerics can do the same. Mages have an insane pet to tank almost anything even current level. I dont know to much about the other classes but i do think its a bad idea to give each class a "solo" very slow option like hs or decapitation or swarming. I am very envious of mag pet tanks. basically put a healer merc with mage and you have a deadly group. I dont think its to powerful but i think its a good option to the class.
  16. Spinstun Journeyman

This is not the best thought. Rangers are not archers. Our bow is never been intended to make us an archer. A ranger is a master of weapons. As pointed out many times a ranger is a WARRIOR attuned to nature. Please dont insult a ranger by calling him an archer. So the lore would be more in line without even considering rangers archers. Zerkers are a master at thrown weapons. Why not call them hurlers? Just dont fit as archer doesnt fit rangers.

Just so you know bow dps is not even close to a rangers melee dps. Unless you have disc burning but I dont know about now but it used to almost catch up. More seasoned ranger can clear that up.

brute force is not needed if you have a sharp object such as those huge axes yall envy so much :)
  17. Falos Augur

Honestly I think logically it makes the most sense for wizards and mages to have these headshot / decapitate style abilities.

I mean Seriously if I lived in a world where genocide was a part of everyday life and everyone just ran around killing things for lewtz and i was a wizard that could translocate and teleport other players to a multitude of locations - you better believe i'd start targeting my enemies and teleporting their internal organs to other regions / outside of their body causing instant or near instant death.

Same if i was a mage.. If i can teleport entire bodies flawlessly through space from long range you think i'm gonna use that solely for the benefit of mankind? This game has us kill our own gods just to increase our "strength" by 0.005 percent, you can bet i'd be abusing the hell out of my powers and summoning someones brain out of their head.. and that's far more powerful than a silly decapitation or a headshot.

Why can't mages and wizards insta kill mobs like this, we have the ability to move living material great distances i'm pretty darn sure thats way more powerful than an arrow to the brain or an axe to the neck.
  18. Hahlfwit Augur

Yep, might as well give every class an insta kill ability.
    You can call the cleric one something like mis-diagnosis, the bard one can be gangnam style karaoke, etc.
    While we are at it, I would like to be able to complete heal my group (raid or group content) once every 6 minutes or so.
    All classes should get a backstab bonus when standing behind mobs.
    Imagine how nice life in Norrath would be if a zerker could port your group to all points in world!
    OMG!! The possibilities are endless.
    /sarcasm off
    Mintalie likes this.
  19. Brael Elder

tbh assassinate is worthless nowdays.Not everything its Cracked up to be
    Sooner or later decapitate will get water down like Rest of instant kill passive abilities

For Fades.Everyone and there mother has them now and the hasten AA for faster Cooldowns
    Only True classes use to be had Fade was Rogue/ Bard.
    Necro's Monks Sk had FD.

Shm Cleric Enchanters Rangers all Tanks Zerkers Never had fade Pre Pop Post Pop.
    to get even more into Rangers Fluster is fade into itself Without even havening to use Cover Tracks and you have 2 of them on different timers.
    So if you look at it like i do how does Class have 3 fades vs every class having 1 Fade every 6 mins?
  20. Braveheart Augur

I know that rangers are like warriors proficient in all weapon types. If you notice I did not omit this fact. Simply gave credit where credit is due. Rangers are the most proficient archers.

Now to your point, I agree decapitation should NOT work with a zerker throwing an item, but If I recall it does. One could argue that they throw axes so it should work.

Either way, this argument is moot. If I recall there was a post that stated these AA will not be advanced in future expansions.
  21. Ranpha Augur

Yeah, it's much better to just give a few classes the ability to solo kill faster than an entire group could in the same zone. Seems perfectly fair.
    /also sarcasm off