Not A Bug Cloak Evolve XP bug ?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Azzamanya, Aug 23, 2023.

1. Azzamanya New Member

So i found a video by Zarax on Drinal that showed that apparently doing heroic missions in NoS gives 2% cloak xp, applied when opening the chest and if you are in the zone, he did all four NoS missions and his cloak went up roughly 2% per mission, so giddy with excitement i went and did close the door and under siege missions and lo and behold not a single xp for my evolve items, seems AB server has not had that particular switch turned on or something... or maybe its just a server specific bug i dunno... I'm just bummed at missing out on cloak xp :p so could someone in the hamster lab department please feed the hamster that powers that particular setting on the AB server tyvm
    Mikana likes this.
  2. Mytoss Elder

Does this work on other servers?
    Even if not , change like this would be nice.
  3. Cadira Augur

Did he have his inventory opened and visibly show a bump immediately before and after opening the chest specifically? Or did he just get his XP over the course of DOING the mission? (Ie killing a handful of mobs)
  4. Covennx Augur

I know it works fine on Xegony and FV, but you have to be in the instance when the chest is opened.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have assumed that the cloak has to be equipped to get exp. Is this true?
    minimind likes this.
  6. Covennx Augur

Yes
    minimind likes this.
  7. Marton Augur

I can't find that stream right now but I'm pretty sure I saw a guy from AB doing missions and commenting on getting 2% when he opened the chest.

You were in the instance OP?
  8. Brickhaus Augur

First rule about cloak evolve xp from missions is you do not talk about cloak evolve xp from missions.

Everyone knows this.

In the video I saw, he clearly showed before and after. And I've personally had it work on Xegony.

It's gotta be intentionally added. Now whether or not it was supposed to hit Live ...
    Nennius, Barton and Toukan like this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

#LikeAndSubscribe

(Sarcasm aside - his channel is actually a pretty good resource for a lot of topics, and worth checking out if you've never seen any of the vids on it)
    Barton likes this.
  10. Azzamanya New Member

he had his inventory screen open showing the actual xp go up 2% in real time as he opened the chest
    Cadira likes this.
  11. Azzamanya New Member

i was in the instance when i opened the chest :)
  12. Soulbanshee Augur

What was his cloak level? What is your cloak level? 2k of 100k isn't the same as 2k of 1m.
  13. Xviper New Member

Doesnt matter the cloak level, its 2% on chest open, if it first cloak or last ><
  14. Brickhaus Augur

I'm getting 2% for alts at the base level of cloak. I forget which one he was on in the video, but it wasn't the first level I'm pretty sure. Someone else who was evolving the last level of the cloak told me he was getting 2% as well.

So I agree with your statement, but it doesn't seem to apply here.
  15. Marton Augur

My alt was on the last level of the cloak and got 2%.

Thanks for reply OP, tha'ts odd. Transfer to us on better servers ;)!
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

There ya go again. Giving out secrets. You are really going get it good at the next meeting.